Hogs Hunt

  • Karen andor Richard
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2007
      Good luck everyone - hope the volunteers have a boat :)
    • Karen andor Richard
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
        In retrospect, I think it was the runners who needed the boat that
        first hour of the race
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2007
          --- Karen andor Richard <klynn1@...> wrote:

          > In retrospect, I think it was the runners who needed
          > the boat that
          > first hour of the race
          >
          > <<<

          Ha!! It was still a blast though. What a mud fest,
          swimming party that turned out to be. Can't believe
          how long it took though. My first loop (50 K) took
          about 20 minutes longer than I expected, and I was
          seriously considering dropping, b/c i'd miss my son's
          flag football game (it was cancelled, duh!) but then a
          guy said I was "pacing him" (who, not me??) and wanted
          to hang behind me for the 2nd loop so I figured I'd
          better keep going, otherwise I'd spend the day
          mentally shooting myself over and over. And there's
          something about a running buddy that makes ya keep
          going for some reason..

          The 2nd loop went better although I didn't make up any
          time lost. I felt better and ran more. And that guy
          did stay with me..said it was his first 50 k.

          I met more people this time, so look forward to seeing
          them at the next race..and I met Mariella. Thankyou
          Mariella, Miles and all the T rex folks who manned
          that aid station. Since this is such a wet race I may
          be joining y'all next year..

          Lynnor Matheney
          the Woodlands
        • Eric Henao
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2012
            Yeah I'll be out there, trying to finish a 25k. It's been so long since I've done any long distance like this. And my training has been less than stellar. But hey, we run to find out what our limits are, right?

            See you on the trails!

            to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you
            everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight;
            and never stop fighting. - e. e. cumming

          • Timothy Lofton
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 12, 2012
              See you out there Eric.  I'll be taking on my first Texas ultra, my first ultra since a 50 miler a year ago to the day pretty much, and learning a bit more about running in the warmer weather here, while at the same time feeling a bit undertrained.  Looking forward to strolling through the HTrex aid station where I hope to see, in the words of Mr. Roarke of Fantasy Island fame, "Smiles everyone, smiles!"