Re: [h_t_rex] Trail Distances

  • Kevin Walker
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2010
      The start of the green trail was at the U drive.

      I'd be willing to measure some more but I am returning the wheel tomorrow.

      ---------
      Kevin Walker

      On May 31, 2010, at 21:42, Miles Klaff <hmklaff@...> wrote:

      Kevin, what did you use as the starting trailhead?  The parking area with the hoses?  Something further to the east?

      Where did you rent the wheel?  Would be interested in measuring some of the other trails.

      On May 31, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Kevin Walker <kbwalker@mylinuxisp .com> wrote:

      I was convinced that my GPS was cheating me on the trails through the
      woods. So, I rented a measuring wheel that they use to measure 5k's
      and such. I measured the Green and blue trails with it. I think the
      distances are fairly accurate.

      Green Trail from trail head to trail head. I.86 miles following the
      right most forks east bound and going through the dump, 1.8 without
      going through the dump. On the Green trail, this turns out to be
      about 10% more than the GPS was indicating (1.67).

      The Blue Loop is .98 miles.

      The intersection of Red and Blue is .33 miles from the edge of the
      lot where we usually park

    • jholbrook5@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
        Thanks, Kevin great info.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
          Looks like a lot of damage on the Ho Chi Minh. Allegator Alley and Fluffy Bunny had a lot of downed trees. I couldn't tell if these were overly aggressive human-made trail closures at first, but then I saw the downed pine tree on the yellow trail. I am guessing this was caused by the storm on Friday. Everything is still runnable but there clean up that needs to be done.

          J.P.

        • Arlene
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
            Does anyone have a map of or link to the triangle?

            Thanks
            Arlene

            Sent from my iPhone
            Pls excuse iTypos

[...]

          • Tim Neckar
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
              http://www.ghorba.org/trail-info/memorial_park

              Tim
              www.runnerone.com
              "Saving the World, One Runner at a Time"
              713.724.2611
              713.721.0550