Goodbye stumps

  • JP Hamilton
    Message 1 of 24 , May 7, 2010
      A certain guy I know took a folding handsaw into a certain set of trails today at around noon. I heard that he removed most of the stumps on Rollercoaster, Fluffy Bunny (giving a whole new meaning to the phrase 'gone like a dead possum on the Fluffy Bunny'), a few off of Alligator Alley, a major one on the long section of the orange trail, and did some canopy clearing on Renegade, including this son-of-a-bastard stump: http://imgur.com/1YT7X. Bonus points to everyone who knows this stump and has felt its wrath.

      Have a good run tomorrow folks and be sure to mourn the loss of your favorite stumps if you run these trails tomorrow.

      J.P.

      Message 2 of 24 , May 7, 2010
        The three-pronged stump is gone!  The three-pronged stump is gone!

        Fine work.

        On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 2:56 PM, JP Hamilton <jphamil@...> wrote:

        A certain guy I know took a folding handsaw into a certain set of trails today at around noon. I heard that he removed most of the stumps on Rollercoaster, Fluffy Bunny (giving a whole new meaning to the phrase 'gone like a dead possum on the Fluffy Bunny'), a few off of Alligator Alley, a major one on the long section of the orange trail, and did some canopy clearing on Renegade, including this son-of-a-bastard stump: http://imgur.com/1YT7X. Bonus points to everyone who knows this stump and has felt its wrath.

        Have a good run tomorrow folks and be sure to mourn the loss of your favorite stumps if you run these trails tomorrow.

        J.P.

      • Christopher Kapraun
        Message 3 of 24 , May 7, 2010
          Sniffle...well at least I got to say goodbye Thursday night....
          How long is the canopy cleaning going to be good for?
          ...CK

          Message 4 of 24 , May 7, 2010
            I think it will be good for awhile because most of it was dead and just taking up space. There is still tons of work to do, but I think the next time you run Renegade you will notice that you aren't ducking so much. I only made it up to where the bayou cuts across the trail - don't know what that's called - so there is still plenty more to do.

            Message 5 of 24 , May 7, 2010
              The ducking I didn't mind....sorta chalked it up to agility training....there was one spot that I actually had to do a moving squat to get under that I coulda live without if the legs are stiff that day.

              I was thinking more of the foliage closing down on the trail from the sides in a couple of spots on renegade and where it joins back with green and the pit of busted glass and other trash...makes me think of taking a machete or weed whacker through once.

              Is it just me or has a lot of yellow, orange, blue on the west side of purple gotten less technical...almost paved for mountain bikers looking to go fast?  Renegade is still fun.

              ...CK

              Message 6 of 24 , May 8, 2010
                I thought there was something missing on the trail this morning!
                LOL