Re: [h_t_rex] Pacers needed for Rocky Raccoon

  • Kate Colberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010

      I also now have had 3 separate inquiries for a pacer. I'll get all the relevant information and will pass it along.

      Kate

      From: Deborah Sexton <dsexton@sbcglobal. net>
      Subject: Pacers needed for Rocky Raccoon
      To: "Deborah Sexton" <dsexton@sbcglobal. net>
      Date: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 8:13 PM

      Hi Runners:

      There are three people looking for pacers for Rocky Raccoon 100 miler in Huntsville, Feb. 6 if you are looking to do some pacing for the 100 miler.

      I am looking for someone to do the fourth loop with me. This will start around 9-10 p.m. and go until 3 or 4 a.m. in the morning or later. I just need someone to keep me focused on moving. I will be doing a lot of walking in the dark. Some running on flat, no terrain. Pace will be 15 mintues per mile or slower.

      Grant Holderby. Grant is in his 70s. His grandson is going to pace him for the fourth and fifth loops but he's like a pacer for the third loop. Probably starting around 2-3 in the afternoon and going one 20-mile loop.

      Mr. Maguire is 63 and will run about a 25-hour 100 miler. He is allowed a pacer for the entire 100 miles. If anyone is interested in doing any part of that with him, please let me know. I know his wife but do not know his first name.

      Please e-mail me off list

      Thanks,
      Deborah Sexton