Big Bend Ultra Updates

  • mwolpert2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Big Bend 50 Information <pcarroll@...>
      Date: Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:35 PM
      Subject: Big Bend 50 News
      To: texasmountaintrail@...

      Issue: #001 December, 2009

      IN THIS ISSUE
      CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE
      BIG BEND OFFICIAL WEBSITE
      WHERE THE MONEY GOES
      QUICK LINKS
      REGISTER NOW
      NEWS
      RELATED TOPICS
      MORE ON US

      INTERESTED IN
      SPONSORSHIP?

      Big Bend Ultra welcomes sponsors. The event is a fundraiser for the Friends of Big Bend National Park and its work to improve the park experience for all.
      Sponsors on all levels help guarantee that our goals are reached.

      Interested?

      Please Email Us

      back to top

      Big Bend Ultra update

      Greetings!

      The Big Bend Ultra Trail Run of 50K and 25K has had strong interest in being held again. We need your input and level of interest. It will help tremendously to guarantee an excellent event and all the amenities from past races and most importantly aid the

      Friends of Big Bend National Park in their efforts to preserve and enhance the park.
      You will enjoy the scenery, excellent footing and fast gentle drop in elevation, and post race cookout and traditional trip to the hot springs.
      In addition to the 50K, and 25K we will ask that you give your comments or level of interest in two other distances and between three dates on the calendar.

      Proposed

      50K
      25K
      race date Sunday January 16, 2011
      Under consideration

      10K
      45-mile mountain bike
      October 31, 2010

      December 5, 2010

      Here's how to have your voice heard:
      You already are on the Big Bend Ultra email newsletter list. Please forward this email and encourage others to sign up.
      Go to the Big Bend Ultra Facebook Page (you don't have to be a Facebook member) and take our short poll in "My Stuff" to help us plan.
      If you are a Facebook member, become a Big Bend Ultra page fan.
      Please pass along this email, information about the Facebook page and the Big Bend Ultra website to any and all you think might be interested.

      Thanks and we'll keep you informed as plans develop.

      The Big Bend 50 Team

      back to top

      BIG BEND ULTRA WEBSITE IS ONLINE AGAIN - CHECK IT OUT
      Once again, www.bigbend50.com is up and running. Check it out to contact us by email.
      You'll also find a great collection of photos from previous events.
      It's a great resource and easy to remember and pass along.
      Just tell anyone you think might be itnerested - Big-Bend-50-dot-com.

      BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK

      Sometimes considered "three parks in one," Big Bend includes mountain, desert, and river environments. An hour's drive can take you from the banks of the Rio Grande to a mountain basin nearly a mile high. Here, you can explore one of the last remaining wild corners of the United States, and experience unmatched sights, sounds, and solitude.
      CLICK HERE for the official Big Bend National Park website.

      back to top

      WHERE THE MONEY GOES - FRIENDS OF BIG BEND NAT'L PARK

      Any money raised by the Big Bend Ultra goes to the Friends of Big Bend National Park. This organization has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for park improvements over more than a decade.
      In 2009, Friends of Big Bend National Park will work to raise $150,000 toward an orientation film for the park. To date, the group has raised close to one million dollars since it began in 1996.

      Their vision?

      The Spirit of the Land
      Serving it.
      Learning from it.
      Respecting and preserving it.
      Spreading its spirit and sharing it with others.

      Click here for information on Friends of Big Bend National Park

      back to top

      Once again, everything depends on the response. So, let us hear from you and anyone else you think might be interested.

      Sincerely,

      Carroll Voss
      Big Bend Ultra Race Director
    • Eddie Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
        This could be my first 50K if it didn't conflict with Marathon!!!
        er

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
          Well, maybe not...I thought I heard that the marathon in 2011 will be 2 weeks later b/c of GBR conflicts...so you could do BB 50k 1/16/11, and Houston 2 weeks later...right??

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
            That might actually be possible! I was under the impression that the Jan 16 date under discussion was for 2010. If it is indeed 2011, I could just prove beyond a shadow of doubt how nutty I really am!!!! :)
            er

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 14, 2009
              Yup, and you'd have all of 2010 to practice trail runs. Sounds like a plan!