new here

  • malvs2walk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2009
      Hi.
      I am new to the group. I joined the message group because I am interested in any group runs you may have for back of the pack ultra nuts such as myself out at Huntsville State Park. I am mostly a walker, but will probably be running a little on the down hill sections.

      I am signed up for the Rocky Raccoon 100 in Feb and would like to spend some time out at the park, and am just not sure about always being on my own. I did one of the 20 mile loops last Sunday and it went pretty well.

      I live in Sealy, a little over 100 miles from Huntsville.

      thanks
      Maryann
    • janice bronikowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2009
        Maryann,

        Welcome to Htrex/trail running whichever it may be.....I am an assistant coach with The Woodlands Fit (trail runner group), a member of HCTR (Hill Country Trail Runners), and I've also run with Htrex at Memorial Park.     There are weekly runs out at Huntsville State Park.  Generally the run will start at 7:00am.  There's a 7 mile loop that we can take you on ...and if you choose to do a second loop, there are sometimes a few folks that choose to do that also.   If you want to carpool or if you just want someone as a contact, feel free to call me at 281-825-2278.   Several of us are on facebook and talk about our weekend runs through out the week.   If you are on Facebook...send me a friend request --Janice Bronikowski-- and you will have loads of info on practice runs and races.

        Kind Regards,
        Janice