Women and endurance running

  • rlynntx
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 14, 2009
      This article maybe gives an insight as to how Kimmie does it, well maybe the last paragraph...
      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/features/article6831281.ece
    • flaquita@ix.netcom.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2009

        Hmm, some of that doesn;t quite sound true, because although bloodvolume increases this is mostly due to an increase in serum, the liquid stuff not the red stuff. And most pregnant women are "relatively anemic". Also I wonder if the post-partum effects still hold true if you lose a lot of blood or have a c-section...

        I wonder if these very fit women just do better with their pregnancies in general and bounce back quicker than the average couch potato american...

        At least they have given up the notion that running hurts a woman's reproductive tract...Gee, thank goodness for that.

        andrea

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 14, 2009
          I bet once the kids become teenagers the threshold goes up yet again...lol
          =)
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 14, 2009
            More like we run longer so that we can get away from our kids...
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27 7:34 PM
              Has anybody heard about Spicewoods Vineyards Half-marathon?
              It's the same day as Texas Trail Runs - the race that will replace Sunmart.
              Post race festivites include wine tasting and food....