RE: [h_t_rex] LST - Little Lake Creek Loop - Update

  • Kathryn Vidal
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
      I can chime in on the weather and the trail being pretty much perfect - I got there about 5 minutes late and (for obvious reasons - other than my pace, see below) never caught up with you speedsters, plus the fact that I was so focused on keeping my head down and watching the trail to avoid tripping (my speciality), I completely missed the LLC loop trail and just kept on bobbing down the LST instead.  This is why it is important to actually look at the map  that you have carefully packed into your gear!   When I realized that I was getting a whole lot of spiderwebs which should not have been the case if a group of trail runners had preceded me, I actually looked at the map and realized I had gone a good 3 or so miles past the intersection.

      No worries, I just made it an out & back for about 12 miles, which was a little less than planned, but hey, I am tapering for the Rocky Hill 50K so I get an easy week.  Plus my husband was meeting me back at the Trail Head and I had told him 2 1/2 hours, so I had a schedule to keep, sort of.   I sort of thought I would see some of you emerge from the forest but now I see why it took you longer than me!   Robert and I were starving so went off to eat a hearty and well-deserved breakfast in Conroe.

      The morning was just perfect, there was a breeze throughout the forest that just sang in your ears and the temperature was never a concern.  The woodpeckers were out in force keeping me company, along with lots of other birds happy about spring.  Not too much water in the creeks but I guess after Sunday's rains they may be replenished.

      I am sure all of the falling you experienced was due to the fact that I was in the vicinity bringing on some "falling" karma, and I did not fall even once!    Hope that everyone is OK.

      Next time I will be sure to RSVP!    I would surely like to do this whole loop again one of these days.  I haven't been able to run on Saturdays for quite some time but finally am getting my schedule straight again.  Will see some of you at Rocky Hill next weekend.

      Run gently out there -

      Kathryn

      To: h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com
      From: mvbotella@...
      Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 19:52:51 +0000
      Subject: [h_t_rex] LST - Little Lake Creek Loop - Update

      Five of us ran the LST-LLC loop - Larry, Paul, Clark, Mary and Mariela.

      The weather was awesome!

      The trail was in great shape and we had a taste of a little bit of everything.. ..single track, wide track, dirt road, utility easements, shallow creek crossings, and a little bit of mud for good measure.
      We didn't get lost and completed a 15.5 mile loop which was enough for Paul and Clark.
      Larry, Mary and I headed out for another 5.5 mile out/back section for a total of 21 miles for the morning.

      What a great run...here are some high-lights:

      Larry and Clark were neck in neck for the 'Most falls' award, but Larry beat out Clark in the last .7m of the trail to capture the coveted title with 3x falls to Clark's 2x falls.

      Mariela won the 'Most Pit-Stop' award, hands down the most of anyone in the group.

      Clark left the most blood on the trail (thanks to his tumbles).

      Paul had the noisiest water bottle and Mary was awarded bonus miles for being such a good sport!

      Check yourselves for ticks...Larry found one on him.

      Next LST run will be in May.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
        > Next time I will be sure to RSVP!

        Sorry we missed you Kathryn. We didn't know you were coming...we would have waited for you!!
        Glad you got in your run without a fall!
        See you at RHR on Saturday!
        Mariela
      • Michelle
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 13, 2009
          Sorry I missed the LST Saturday, but I was battling a sinus infection, and was not at all feeling up to it. Hopefully I'll make the next one. And Mariela, I brought hand sanitizer with me on the bus this morning...hopefully that will prevent these all-too-common colds that have been plaguing me lately.

          Michelle