LST Weekend 6/27-6/28: Save the Dates

  • Michelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31 8:01 AM
      Hi folks, Scott Bounds wants to run the entire LST the weekend of 6/27-6/28, and would like company / help. There will need to be at least two persons participating on most of the legs to make it work. Here are more details per Scott:

      "Tentative plan: Start Saturday after dropping water/food from Huntsville State Park to Richards, start at Richards (0 mile) at daylight, brunch at Stubblefield (19.7 mile), lunch at Huntsville State Park/I45 (35 mile), then to FM 2296 (42 mile marker) (skip road section from 2296 to Phelps trailhead at 45 mile marker); Late afternoon snack:then go from 45 to mile post 62.8 at south end of Big Woods section (skip the road section from there to the Magnolia/ East Fork of San Jacinto River Segment). Go have dinner in New Waverly, pickup cars, and then go to Huntsville to crash at the Sam Houston State University hotel.

      Get up Sunday, go to Trailhead at mile marker 67.4 (Magnolia/East Fork of San Jacinto River Segment). Finish at mile marker 96.1. Hope someone will pick me up.

      Ok, some more work needed. http://www.lshtclub.com/Hiker's%20Guide.htm

      Anyway, I am for advertising the date and seeing if we can get some foolish individuals committed to running Saturday and/or Sunday with us to help with the logistics."

      I'll be posting more information closer to that weekend, but I plan to at least run the first leg with Scott early Sat AM. I you want to contact Scott directly, email scottbounds@....

      Michelle
    • Michelle
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31 8:12 AM
        If you're interested in contacting Scott, the second part of his email address is earth link (all one word) dot net. Hope this makes it past the yahoo group police.

        Michelle

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31 8:44 AM
            Hmm, if you like it, does that make you a non compos mentis as well...which i assume means crazy?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31 8:53 AM
              It's a lot easier to like when I'm not the one doing it!