Run LST on Oct. 8 = 30, 20, and 15 mile options (++)

  • h.kastner@shell.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
      It's time to run the Lone Star Trail again! PLEASE RSVP and choose your distance so we can include you. Newbies WILL be accomodated as long as you RSVP. Arrange your own car pool - reply to all if you want to troll for one.

      Sunday, Oct. 8, 7am SHARP
      All runs will END at Hunstville State Park, so we can dawdle with beer & food, and soak in the lake. Plan on making a day of it.

      What to bring: hydration to carry, supplies for your aid drops, food & beverages for the picnic, towel for a shower. If you want to grill meat, RSVP NOW. If there is interest, we'll fire up a grill.

      All runners should MEET at HSP at the LST trail head on the IH-45 access road, just north of the state park entrance. (exit for the SP, turn left across IH-45, then right on the access road)
      ** 30 milers (Michelle) will start immediately, for a round trip via Stubblefield.

      15 (Doug) & 20 (Hank) milers will organize vehicles and collect supplies to make the 2 aid drops for all runners at Bath Rd. and Stubblefield, and get to the starts. 15 milers will start at Stubblefield and 20 milers at FM 1375. And we'll leave cars at the SP for the finish - all cars entering the SP must pay the entrance fee.

      If you don't know the way we'll help you - BUT YOU MUST PRINT THE MAPS and read them:
      Kelly section (20 milers only) - http://www.lshtclub.com/KellySection.pdf
      Stubblefield - Bath - http://www.lshtclub.com/StblfldN2.pdf
      Huntsville - http://www.lshtclub.com/Hntsvlle2.pdf

      Trickie parts: Kelly section, Bath road and the damn dam at Elkins Lake - if you don't know, ask!

      For those of us who run thru HSP all the way to the lake, note this will add several miles!

      This is a good one........

      Hank
      Mobile phone to find us: 832.466.6877

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
        This email is from Hank Kastner; he and I are organizing the runs
        this Sunday (me 30 miles, Hank 20 & 15 miles). I will be running the
        30 miles, and then hanging out for a bit at HSP afterwards; I expect
        to finish in about 6 hours, so ETA for return to Houston is probably
        4 pm give or take 1/2 an hour. If you want a ride up to the
        trailhead with me, and you plan to do the 30 mile option and hang out
        at HSP afterwards, please email me. If you want to do the 15/20 mile
        option, and want to do a "reply to all" to Hank's distribution list
        (i.e. to look for a ride up there), email me as well and I can send
        you Hank's email with the original distribution list.

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
          *** Okay, here's your last reminder and the lineup as I know it today.
          ** If I missed someone, please let me know.
          ** If you still want to join us, let me know by Friday noon or just show up (on time!) and we'll fit you in.
          ** For details, see the previous note below.
          * If you're confused and want help, send me a note.

          See you Sunday!

          30 miles
          Michelle
          Allen
          Larry
          Kim ???

          20 miles
          Hank
          Kathryn
          Shirley
          Jody

          15 miles
          Doug
          Stuart
          Jim (or 20)
          Anna
          Lorna
          Jean (or 20)
          Kevin ???
          Bruce ???

[...]

        • Prusaitis Joe-rpec50
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
            This sounds like so much fun and I have always wanted to run the Lone
            Star Trail.
            I really want to join you, but I have already made commitments to be
            elsewhere.
            Have a big time
            Joe