Re: [h_t_rex] Re: 56 LED Headlamp!

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 15, 2007
       I have a headlamp with a single LED, but didn't know there were headlamps with more than one until all these posts. What is the benefit multiple LEDs?

      Mack Miller <millermack@...> wrote:
      I have tried headlamps but don't like them because bugs that were
      drawn to the light kept flying into my mouth.

      I carry a handheld flashlight, and have found that a hand-carried
      unit helps with visibility better than a head-mounted light. You get
      shadows behind objects when you carry the light at waist level (3D
      effect), whereas a head-mounted light gives everything a 2D
      appearance (no shadows).

      I carry a 10 LED in Green lights from Essential Gear. I bought mine
      from Elite Tactical Sources online for $27.
      http://www.elitetac ticalsources. com/client/ details.php? pid2=EG100

      --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups .com, "Martin Guthrie" <MLGuthrie@. ..>
      wrote:

      > Howdy everyone.
      >
      > I'm in the market for night running lighting but am not sure what
      to get.

      > What does everyone recommend as far as handheld vs headband vs
      waistband?

      > How many lumens do you need ot see well?
      >
      > What are your favorites?
      >
      > If price were not a concern what would you get?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Martin
      >
      > Good luck at Bandera. I'm running Houston half on Sunday with
      family. Next
      > year it will be Bandera.
      >
      > --
      > Martin Guthrie
      > 3016 Tangley Road
      > Houston, TX 77005
      > h (832) 778-9802
      > c (832) 577-4317
      > MLGuthrie@.. .

    • Karen andor Richard
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 17, 2007
        --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Guthrie" <MLGuthrie@...> wrote:

        > I'm in the market for night running lighting but am not sure what to
        get.

        I have the same as "millermack" the Essential 10 green LED for the
        same reason.

        One very important item to remember with flashlights is before you go
        out on a long night run, especially in a race where you may be on your
        own, put NEW batteries in the flashlight, otherwise you'll end up with
        just a "glowworm". It seems obviouse, but...