Re: 56 LED Headlamp!

  • Mack Miller
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 15, 2007
      I have tried headlamps but don't like them because bugs that were
      drawn to the light kept flying into my mouth.

      I carry a handheld flashlight, and have found that a hand-carried
      unit helps with visibility better than a head-mounted light. You get
      shadows behind objects when you carry the light at waist level (3D
      effect), whereas a head-mounted light gives everything a 2D
      appearance (no shadows).

      I carry a 10 LED in Green lights from Essential Gear. I bought mine
      from Elite Tactical Sources online for $27.
      http://www.elitetacticalsources.com/client/details.php?pid2=EG100

      --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Guthrie" <MLGuthrie@...>

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 15, 2007
         I have a headlamp with a single LED, but didn't know there were headlamps with more than one until all these posts. What is the benefit multiple LEDs?

        wrote:

        > Howdy everyone.
        >
        > I'm in the market for night running lighting but am not sure what
        to get.

        > What does everyone recommend as far as handheld vs headband vs
        waistband?

        > How many lumens do you need ot see well?
        >
        > What are your favorites?
        >
        > If price were not a concern what would you get?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Martin
        >
        > Good luck at Bandera. I'm running Houston half on Sunday with
        family. Next
        > year it will be Bandera.
        >
        > --
        > Martin Guthrie
        > 3016 Tangley Road
        > Houston, TX 77005
        > h (832) 778-9802
        > c (832) 577-4317
        > MLGuthrie@.. .

      • Karen andor Richard
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 17, 2007
          --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Guthrie" <MLGuthrie@...> wrote:

          > I'm in the market for night running lighting but am not sure what to
          get.

          I have the same as "millermack" the Essential 10 green LED for the
          same reason.

          One very important item to remember with flashlights is before you go
          out on a long night run, especially in a race where you may be on your
          own, put NEW batteries in the flashlight, otherwise you'll end up with
          just a "glowworm". It seems obviouse, but...