Trail Condition Update

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2008
      The trails are now officially open...except for the Green Trail and The Triangle.

      I scouted out the following trails:

      EX-stream - 95% clear, no major obstacles.  Needs cleaning and slight detouring.
      Alligator Alley - 5% clear.  Lots of obstacles and needs to be totally re-routed. It is now Buffalo Bayou beach-front property.
      Fluffy Bunny - 70% clear, some major obstacles and some necessary re-routing.

      But, for now we'll concentrate on Renegade, which is the longest trail and the one that needs the most work!!

    • Kevin Walker
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2008
        Mariela,

        Is there any reason I can't just show up with some loppers and hand
        saws to work on Renegade? I'd like to get my Thursday evening group
        out there to do some work.

        Maybe I'll come in Tuesday afternoon to have a look.

        On Sep 28, 2008, at 8:10 PM, Mariela wrote:

        > The trails are now officially open...except for the Green Trail and
        > The Triangle.
        >
        > I scouted out the following trails:
        >
        > EX-stream - 95% clear, no major obstacles. Needs cleaning and
        > slight detouring.
        > Alligator Alley - 5% clear. Lots of obstacles and needs to be
        > totally re-routed. It is now Buffalo Bayou beach-front property.
        > Fluffy Bunny - 70% clear, some major obstacles and some necessary
        > re-routing.
        >
        > But, for now we'll concentrate on Renegade, which is the longest
        > trail and the one that needs the most work!!

      • h_t_rex
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2008
          Kevin

          I am trying to get in touch with the Park Superintendent to see if we
          can set up 'official' trail parties for cleaning the back 'connector'
          trail.
        • Tommy
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30, 2008
            Maybe I can make it this weekend to help clean. This past weekend I was
            in Chambers County helping clean and saw complete devastation.