Update on Karl's Kanoe Run this weekend

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2008
      Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:06:29 -0500
      From: Brad Quinn <bradtquinn@...>
      Subject: [hctrLIST] The gods must be crazy!
      To: HillCountry TrailRunners <hctrlist@...>
      delsp=yes

      Hey everyone,

      Well, last year it was a 500 year flood and this year it's Hurricane
      Ike! Sorry to announce that Karl's Kanoe at Inks Lake SP has been
      postponed secondary to the park closing for the 13-14th per the park
      ranger, Terry Rogers.

      I know that back in the spring when I first contacted the club I
      promised no floods this year, but honestly I hadn't given a
      category four hurricane much thought. Nor a 500 year flood! Live
      and learn.
      This is why I don't gamble in Vegas. Anyway, we r looking at all
      available possibilites. For updated info go to
      www.traversetrailrunning.com
      Sorry for the inconvenience. If things change dramatically in
      the next 72 hours, the park re-opens and we feel conditions r safe,
      we may resume our event as planned. Stay tuned. Thx.

      Cheers,

      Brad Quinn
      830.613.6134
      www.traversetrailrunning.com

      ~ Traverse Trail Running ~
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2008
        Hey t -rexers in the Houston area,

        Good luck this weekend. Let me know if I can do
        anything for anybody. We are in the Woodlands and plan
        to stay put. We live in a typical Woodlands brick
        style house, have a generator, hoping for the best. If
        you need a place to crash we have room for 3-4
        people..I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't leave
        ourselves but so far we're staying.

        Lynnor Matheney
        281-635-3451
      • Michelle
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 11, 2008
          Hey Lynnor, thanks for the offer. I'm staying put as well. Any other
          inside-the-loopers riding out the storm?

          M.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2008
            We are staying put, but not w/o drama. Like a dumb-@** I managed to break my nose in the frenzy of preparations.

            It takes a special kind of stupid to slam your face into the door of a parked car...

            Hey Lynnor, thanks for the offer. I'm staying put as well. Any other
            inside-the-loopers riding out the storm?

            M.

            --- In h_t_rex@yahoogroups .com, lynnor matheney <lillamb1997@ ...> wrote:

            > Hey t -rexers in the Houston area,
            >
            > Good luck this weekend. Let me know if I can do
            > anything for anybody. We are in the Woodlands and plan
            > to stay put. We live in a typical Woodlands brick
            > style house, have a generator, hoping for the best. If
            > you need a place to crash we have room for 3-4
            > people..I'm beginning to wonder if we shouldn't leave
            > ourselves but so far we're staying.
            >
            > Lynnor Matheney
            > 281-635-3451

          • quatsch30