Re: [h_t_rex] Labor Day Run at 8:00AM

  • Miles
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
      Did you guys go to Area 51?

      On Aug 31, 2008, at 8:29 AM, "h_t_rex" <h_t_rex@...> wrote:

      Meet at the Footbridge at 8:00AM for an exciting run.

      I was thinking of venturing into Area 51...we haven't been back there
      since they started expanding 610!!
      I'm sure the trails are overgrown and we'll end up doing some
      bushwhacking.

      Anyone have surveyors tape, may want to bring it along. There's also
      ample amounts of poison Ivy back there...so Ivy Block would not hurt.
      I'll bring some extra.
      Don't forget the 'OFF' spray!

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2008
        > Did you guys go to Area 51?

        It wasn't as much running as bushwacking through the woods.
        Back in 2004 (last time we used the trails!) Evan and I marked it with
        surveyors tape. We were able to navigate through and under the
        brush/fallen trees, etc. by following the markers =)

        It was fun. At least I had a good time!
        I've come up with a couple of mild poison ivy spots on my arm...but it
        was expected!

        We got there and back via Blair Witch...even the flat section was in
        great shape!

        You missed a good time!