The Saint 30K

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2008
      Good Job everyone!!

      50K
      Kevin Outman - 3:07:36
      Larry Teeter - 3:21:52
      Triet Hoang (aka The Trivet) - 3:23:37
      Mary Ntefidou - 4:08:37
      Dennise Wenner - 5:03:55

      10K
      Al Salinas - 1:15:03
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2008
        Great job.  What were you guys' impression of this course compared with the old Belt course?

        Miles

        On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Mariela <mvbotella@...> wrote:

        Good Job everyone!!

        50K
        Kevin Outman - 3:07:36
        Larry Teeter - 3:21:52
        Triet Hoang (aka The Trivet) - 3:23:37
        Mary Ntefidou - 4:08:37
        Dennise Wenner - 5:03:55

        10K
        Al Salinas - 1:15:03

      • Larry Teeter
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2008
          Correction: it was 30K not 50K.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 30, 2008
            dunno, never did the Belt course.
            However:
            it was easier than the first 15.7 miles of San Juan Solstice.
            it was easier than Jemez 50k
            it seemed easier than the course for The Loop (of course I was on chemo at the time)

            A couple of significant climbs in each loop; otherwise largely runable.
            I expected worse but I was still slow!

            Larry

            On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Mariela <mvbotella@sbcglobal .net> wrote:
            Good Job everyone!!

            50K
            Kevin Outman - 3:07:36
            Larry Teeter - 3:21:52
            Triet Hoang (aka The Trivet) - 3:23:37
            Mary Ntefidou - 4:08:37
            Dennise Wenner - 5:03:55

            10K
            Al Salinas - 1:15:03

            Larry Teeter

          • Miles
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 30, 2008
              You sure you want to point out that typo?  3:21 is a hell of a 50K time!

              On Jun 30, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Larry Teeter <larathon@...> wrote:

              Correction: it was 30K not 50K.

              Mariela <mvbotella@sbcglobal .net> wrote:
              Good Job everyone!!

              50K
              Kevin Outman - 3:07:36
              Larry Teeter - 3:21:52
              Triet Hoang (aka The Trivet) - 3:23:37
              Mary Ntefidou - 4:08:37
              Dennise Wenner - 5:03:55

              10K
              Al Salinas - 1:15:03

              Larry Teeter

            • Kevin Outman
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
                Miles,

                I have to admit that I don't remember much about The Belt course except
                the water crossings. It would have been nice to have a couple of those
                water crossings at The Saint, as it was quite warm.

                Based simply on finish times (mine and others), I'd have to say that the
                courses rank like this (from most difficult to easiest):

                The Belt
                The Loop
                The Saint
                The Maze

                Kevin

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
                  Kevin,

                  Congrats on your trifecta.  Good work.

                  Has there been a message about this weekend's run yet?  I inadvertently cleaned out a number of messages the other day & wanted to make sure I didn't miss the group's plans (if there are any).

                  Miles

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
                    Saturday Houston Fit starts up again and their "Fall Group" will also be meeting at their usual spot.  Plan accordingly for lots of Parking Joy.
                  • h_t_rex
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
                      Thanks Julie

                      First couple of weeks shouldn't be too bad. After that everyone will
                      have to take into account a bit extra time to locate parking before the
                      saturday morning runs....unless we start at 5AM!!
                      The parking congestion should easy up a tad in October and it will all
                      be over by January 2009!

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 3, 2008
                        Since Sat is mostly registration that starts around 8 it shouldn't be too bad with a 7am start. But I did just get an email that the fall group is starting at 5:45. Bleah. I hate early runs.