Doogies Run

  • h_t_rex
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2008
      What a gorgeous day!

      Started out with foggy conditions heading out there, but we all knew
      that would burn off and the sun would be nice and toasty.
      The crowd of runners was not huge, but everyone seemed to know each
      other. It was like visiting family.
      As always the Nolan's were great hosts.
      I can happily say I did not PR on the course.
      Damon added a couple of sections and made the course as close to 31
      miles as possible - Thanks Damon!

      Hamburgers, tatter-tots and Shiner beer made for a great post race
      protein & carbohydrate fest =)
      Michelle, Mary, Denise and I were in attendance representing HTRex.
      The chicks ruled the 50K course.

      happy running!
      Mariela
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
        I agree. While I was not able to do Doogies Run this year, I did it for my first 50 Miler last year. The Nolan's are the nicest family and do such a great job. Last year, while on the 3rd (or was it 5th? all 8 kinda blend together?!) Damon asked me how I was doing and I told him that NEXT year it would be nice if they had jelly beans at the aid stations. Well, he ran to the store and got me some! They were there waiting for me at the next time I went through. What a great guy!

        That night, because I'm so slow, it was getting dark while I was still out running. His son came out with his bike and followed me with a big bright light to lead the way. It was wonderful.

        It's a small race, but I highly recommend it - especially for a 1st 50 Miler.

        Jules

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
          Hi gang,

          Well I had a good time too, except every time I went
          by the house, I'd see the chicks eating their burgers,
          drinking their shiners and laughing..Warda was the
          most relaxing, laid back place, I'm ready to chuck
          city life and move to the boonies.

          The lure of the porch intensified with each loop. It
          was quite hot too. And I never sleep much the night
          before a race so being tired, combined with the heat
          was making me take forever. (not that other conditions
          make me fast, ha!) But Damon and his crew would've
          been waiting for me until 10 pm at the rate I was
          going. So I dropped after 5 1/2 loops, got showered,
          came out. Mariela, Michelle and Mary were leaving!!!
          :-(

          But I got to meet Jana, and see the first 50 milers
          come in. I also got to meet and talk to Cynthia from
          Ft. Worth.

          Damon and his family are incredible hosts and his son
          has great taste in music.

          I took a whole bunch of pictures this time so
          hopefully I'll find a site for them and link them to
          the HCTR site. (that's the other thing, I always
          forget my camera)

          It was great seeing everybody!

          Lynnor Matheney
          The Woodlands
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
            Yes, Lynnor was there too!!
            Sorry Lynnor, I knew I was forgetting someone. Still it was definitely
            chick power yesterday =)
            Kudos to you for doing 5.5 loops. I'd go crazy doing that!!
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008

              Results are up.

              http://www.hillcountrytrailrunners.com/docs_results/DoogiesRun_res_2008.html

              There seems to be a s-e-x issue or am I gender confused??
              :O

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
                Mariela, you definitely look female !!!!

                Lynnor
              • robert.heynen
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
                  The gender issue in the results was my fault. Damon sent me the
                  results, but they were not listed in order by times. So I used good
                  old excel and darn if it didn't screw up on the 50K. It's now
                  corrected and Mariela you are once again a female.

                  - rob't

                • bob.i.botto@exxonmobil.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 3, 2008
                    I second that!

                    Bob Botto
                    Analytical Services Laboratory
                    Baytown Complex Laboratory Department
                    5000 Bayway Dr. Baytown, Tx 77520
                    Company Mail: CORP-BSL-103
                    Phone: 281-834-5133
                    Pager: 281-439-1300
                    Fax: 281-834-1775
                    Join the ExxonMobil Corporate Track & Field Team!

                    lynnor
                    matheney
                    <lillamb1997@y To
                    ahoo.co.uk> h_t_rex@yahoogroups.com