RE: [h_t_rex] Sunmart Roll Call

  • Paige Krekeler
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 30, 2006

      I’ll be there as a cheering section with Annette!

      We’ll be manning the tent, guarding the beer & drinking the hot chocolate. Oh yeah, we’ll be cheering as well.

      Paige

      Message 31 of 31 , Dec 7, 2006
        That is what I'm always telling my non-trail running friends - the atmosphere is so much nicer out there.  No, or at least very few, running snobs. I remember the guy who won Rocky Racoon 25/50 last year telling me "good job on your run" even tho' I'd finished my 25k AFTER he'd won the 50k. You won't see that at the Houston Marathon...

        Miles Klaff <becsdad96@...> wrote:
        That's an excellent point.  I hope not as well.  One of the highlights of last year's 50 miler was having the opportunity to exchange brief chit chat at the dam road aid station with Yiannis Kouros (something about M&M's) and being passed more than once by Hal Koerner (an elite) who unfailingly took a moment each time to say "looking strong" (lie) and "good job" when he passed.  That is certainly one of the things that makes trail running so rewarding.  I suppose we'll have an answer soon enough...