New Years run

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
      Anyone interested in a short (1.5 hr. max), conservatively-paced (8/2's, 8/3's maybe) run sometime tomorrow?  Morning or afternoon, either is fine.

      Also, all Bandera-ites, where are folks staying and are there any plans for pre-race Friday dinner?

      Have a happy & safe New Years eve celebration.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
        Hey Miles

        I'm in for a run. Was planning on heading out to the trails around
        9:00AM.
        Not too early...not too late.

        Kim, Larry, Mary and I are staying at a B&B (W-Barr) just outside
        Bandera. Larry, Richard and I will be departing Houston at noon and
        arriving at the packet pick-up by 5PM-ish.
        We did not purchase dinner tickets, so plan to get dinner in town.
        There's a good restaurant behind the 'River Oaks Motel' (don't recall
        the name), it's good w/ a good variety of foods. I plan to go there
        for dinner.

        Se ya tomorrow!
        Reply back if 9Am is OK...I can do later...but no desire to get there
        any earlier.

        Mariela

        PS. I will bring your RR50K volunteer t-shirts!!
      • Karen andor Richard
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
          Q/A1 - Yes to short and easy run on Tuesday morning (but it's easy
          saying that sitting in the office!), for me early morning is better -
          say 8am...

          Q/A2 - Staying at Bar-M ranch (on 1077 - road from Bandera to the
          park), and will have my self catered pasta supper there. I am
          currently preparing my race/drop-bag plan :)
        • Larry Teeter
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
            Either 8 or 9 am tomorrow are fine for me.

            Larry

            Larry Teeter

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
              Mariela,

              9:00 a.m. is good (sleep in an extra hour, Richard!).  Trailhead by the hoses okay?

              I know the restaurant you're talking about - Brick River Cafe (or something like that).

              See you in the morning.

              Miles

              I'm in for a run. Was planning on heading out to the trails around
              9:00AM.
              Not too early...not too late.

              Kim, Larry, Mary and I are staying at a B&B (W-Barr) just outside
              Bandera. Larry, Richard and I will be departing Houston at noon and
              arriving at the packet pick-up by 5PM-ish.
              We did not purchase dinner tickets, so plan to get dinner in town.
              There's a good restaurant behind the 'River Oaks Motel' (don't recall
              the name), it's good w/ a good variety of foods. I plan to go there
              for dinner.

              Se ya tomorrow!
              Reply back if 9Am is OK...I can do later...but no desire to get there
              any earlier.

              Mariela

              PS. I will bring your RR50K volunteer t-shirts!!

            • Frank & Paige Krekeler
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007

                Depending on the weather I may come for the run tomorrow.

                For Bandera, we’re staying at the Old Silver Spur Cottage B&B. I’d love to meet up w/everyone at Brick River Café (or whatever it is called).

                Paige

                Anyone interested in a short (1.5 hr. max), conservatively- paced (8/2's, 8/3's maybe) run sometime tomorrow?  Morning or afternoon, either is fine.

                Also, all Bandera-ites, where are folks staying and are there any plans for pre-race Friday dinner?

                Have a happy & safe New Years eve celebration.

              • Mary Ntefidou

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
                    I'll be there at 9 a.m. as well.

                    Clark H.