8597REMINDER: Mem. Park Master Plan Meeting Tomorrow

  • Mariela Botella
    Dec 9, 2013

      mzD98D2E6A-E7CB-4FCE-52D2F7880C71EB25 - REMINDER: Mem. Park Master Plan Meeting Tomorrow
      TOMORROW - TUESDAY, December 10th, 6:30PM - 8:30PM:

       Memorial Park Master Plan.  Tuesday, December 10th 6:30pm - 8:30pm - St. Theresa Catholic Church - 6622 Haskell.  This is a long term effort as the plan may take at least a year of study to develop.  But it is important that runner input is heard now, once plans are developed, they are hard to change.

      Another way to have a voice in the process is to visit the Memorial Park Tomorrow microsite where you can participate in surveys and more.  Don't stop there -- encourage your friends and family to visit the site! The study will last 12 to 15 months.

      Thanks for considering attendance and alerting your friends and fellow runners to participate, especially those who may be heavy users of Memorial Park.  We should not assume the planners or decision makers are runners or understand our needs and wants. Numbers also matter. A critical mass of representation at these meetings is key to success in communicating the runner's perspective and guaranteeing our concerns are considered in the plans.

      Read more about this and other plans on the Memorial Park Conservancy Website.
      To be removed from further mailings please click the unsubscribe link.