30Run LST on Oct. 8 = 30, 20, and 15 mile options (++)

  • h.kastner@shell.com
    Oct 1 6:43 AM
      It's time to run the Lone Star Trail again! PLEASE RSVP and choose your distance so we can include you. Newbies WILL be accomodated as long as you RSVP. Arrange your own car pool - reply to all if you want to troll for one.

      Sunday, Oct. 8, 7am SHARP
      All runs will END at Hunstville State Park, so we can dawdle with beer & food, and soak in the lake. Plan on making a day of it.

      What to bring: hydration to carry, supplies for your aid drops, food & beverages for the picnic, towel for a shower. If you want to grill meat, RSVP NOW. If there is interest, we'll fire up a grill.

      All runners should MEET at HSP at the LST trail head on the IH-45 access road, just north of the state park entrance. (exit for the SP, turn left across IH-45, then right on the access road)
      ** 30 milers (Michelle) will start immediately, for a round trip via Stubblefield.

      15 (Doug) & 20 (Hank) milers will organize vehicles and collect supplies to make the 2 aid drops for all runners at Bath Rd. and Stubblefield, and get to the starts. 15 milers will start at Stubblefield and 20 milers at FM 1375. And we'll leave cars at the SP for the finish - all cars entering the SP must pay the entrance fee.

      If you don't know the way we'll help you - BUT YOU MUST PRINT THE MAPS and read them:
      Kelly section (20 milers only) - http://www.lshtclub.com/KellySection.pdf
      Stubblefield - Bath - http://www.lshtclub.com/StblfldN2.pdf
      Huntsville - http://www.lshtclub.com/Hntsvlle2.pdf

      Trickie parts: Kelly section, Bath road and the damn dam at Elkins Lake - if you don't know, ask!

      For those of us who run thru HSP all the way to the lake, note this will add several miles!

      This is a good one........

      Mobile phone to find us: 832.466.6877