rosenberg footage........

  • chowfun007@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
    • chowfun007@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        (sorry about the double post)  i recently saw some old footage of stochelo playing on a TV variety show from holland.  he was playing a solid body elecric guitar, and was backed by bass and rhythm guitar.  he couldn't have been more than 10 or 11 years old........and he sounded great- not quite like jimmy did it that age, but he was still VERY impressive.   i wonder if he intentionally avoided public attention at that young age or simply didn't become recognized like jimmy and bireli did.   maybe jimmy and bireli were more developed players at that age.  anyway, they are all great players, but does anyone know if he intentionally avoided the "child protege" thing?
      • phtaling
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
          Hi,

          Stochelo started to play the guitar when he was 10 years old. Several
          recordcompanies were interested to record with him. His parents
          didn't want him in the spotlights. They wanted him to have a normal
          youth like other kids. In the gypsycomunity Stochelo was famous. He
          was allowed to play for the church and for gatherings of gypsies all
          over Europe.
          Stochelo was lucky to be the first in our country to play this music
          and have such protective parents. When Stochelo was 21 years old he
          started his famous carreer. In that time Jimmy was a very young
          talented boy. For him it was different because he always had to
          compete with Stochelo and his parents didn't protect him. They
          encouraged him to play better and faster. I think it has always been
          hard for Jimmy.
          I think it's not really a problem for a child to be on stage at a
          young age but the main thing is that he likes it very much himself
          and that he isn't forced to do things that he is not ready for yet.

          Mary

          --- In gypsyjazzguitar@y..., chowfun007@a... wrote:
          > (sorry about the double post) i recently saw some old footage of
          stochelo
          > playing on a TV variety show from holland. he was playing a solid
          body
          > elecric guitar, and was backed by bass and rhythm guitar. he
          couldn't have
          > been more than 10 or 11 years old........and he sounded great- not
          quite like
          > jimmy did it that age, but he was still VERY impressive. i wonder
          if he
          > intentionally avoided public attention at that young age or simply
          didn't
          > become recognized like jimmy and bireli did. maybe jimmy and
          bireli were
          > more developed players at that age. anyway, they are all great
          players, but
          > does anyone know if he intentionally avoided the "child protege"
          thing?
        • dennis1043
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
            Hi mary

            did you receive my email concerning the rosenberg videos? if not, I
            have sent them out, let me know when you get them.

            thanks!
            dennis