RiverCity Music Festival lineup

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2011
      After a lot of teeth knashing (these decisions are always tough), we announce a partial lineup with more to follow: Tommy Emmanuel, Hot Club of Cowtown, The Traveling McCourys, Steep Canyon Rangers, Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band, Sierra Hull and Hwy. 111, David Lindley, Joy Kills Sorrow, Geoff Muldaur and the Texas Sheiks featuring Jim Kweskin including Cindy Cashdollar & Suzy Thompson, The Boxcars, Jim Lauderdale, Dale Watson, Jesse Winchester.

      If you haven't heard Tommy Emmanuel, even though he's not jazz, he is an amazing guitar player. Here's a quick YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQJ1k2HMoRU.

      We're far from done and will be announcing bands as we finalize them. You can stay posted at www.rivercitybluegrass.com. Reduced price weekend passes are available either through the website or at www.brownpapertickets.com.

      The dates are January 6-8 at the Red Lion On The River at Janzten Beach (Portland). Hotel rooms are $99 (Sunday checkout is 6pm this year) and rooms are going quickly. To reserve contact them at 503-283-4466.

      Sorry for the long post and blatant self promotion. Have a great summer day!

      Chris Palmer