The latest info on our takeover

  • ajgdon
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25 3:33 AM
      Here's the e-mail I got from Singapore..

      "I suggest you watch your tone before trying to ask for any negotiation. Trying to demand for anything before you get your facts straight will mean this is the last word from me.... So point your fingers at yourself...If you are serious about buying over the domain, give me a good offer and I may consider it."

      They wanted $200, I refused.......so that's the end of the DOT COM story. We are now DOT US.

      This guy is a real jerk..who knows what he'll do with it...probably sell it or create a second rate copy. Clearly a self centered person.

      Thanks to those who wrote the Registrar on our behalf.

      We will continue at www.gypsyjazzguitar.us

      BEWARE the name: Stanley Toh from registernew@...

      Cheers,

      Don
      webmaster
    • Phillip Murray
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
        I listened to the head of ICANN yesterday.  Search engines today make domain names less relevant and with the move to IPv6 their will soon be hundreds of new top level domains, such as .mycommunity .music, etc.  All of these pirates who are hoarding domain names will soon realize their investments are worthless. Don't you feel sorry for them?

        Indeed, gypsyjazzguitar.com is worthless now UNLESS you want it.
        You don't need it.  Get the word out, make your site accessible and your followers will know who the real gypsyjazzguitar is and the gypsy jazzers of tomorrow will find you.

        It's the content that matters and you are the expert on that.  The jerk in Singapore has wasted his money.  The joke is on him and you get the last laugh.

        Oh, and don't forget to lock your new domain.....

        And all of you out there, don't forget to change your bookmarks!

        Best wishes for the continued growth and success of gypsyjazzguitar.us!!!!!!

        *********************************
        * Phillip Murray
        *
        dotneck@...
        * Fort Myers, Florida
        *********************************

        We will continue at www.gypsyjazzguitar.us

        BEWARE the name: Stanley Toh from registernew@...

        Cheers,

        Don
        webmaster

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            gypsyjazzguitar-digest@yahoogroups.com
            gypsyjazzguitar-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • randy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2010
          Is there a paypal account that we can donate money to? I think there are enough members in the group where we can raise a mere 200$.

          Randy

        • MAYMOK@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
            Randy, you've got to be kidding. I can't imagine giving one cent to that asshole. Paying him will only encourage him to do the same thing to someone else. Don, you did the right thing  -

            wil