Re: djangofest colorado

  • denver_hick
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2008
      Thanks Eddy!!! I got my room reservation.

      Any idea how kid friendly the concert venue will be? I'd hate to make
      my 4 and a half year old sit still for three hours! Is it more like a
      park or a concert hall?

      She loved Samois last summer but somehow I get the idea this isn't
      quite the same thing. At least it is 4,940 miles closer!

      Anyone else bringing the family?

      --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "Archtop Eddy"
      <archtopeddy@...> wrote:

      > My guess is that a lot of folks will be at the Grand Lodge. It's
      > central to the "market" area where the shows will be. Somehow, I
      > don't think it will be too hard to find one another. You know, just
      > look for the folks with the Gypsy jazz guitars!
      >
      > AE
      >
      > --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "denver_hick"
      > <denver_hick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It should be a good time!
      > >
      > > Id like to know where all the players are lodging if their is going
      > > be some picking in the lobby.
      > >
      > > Camping may be a bit chilly after dark this time of year, at least
      > for
      > > playing...
      > >

      > > --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "Archtop Eddy"
      > > <archtopeddy@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "denver_hick"
      > <denver_hick@>

      > be at
      > not to
      > shows
      > swing
      > > > >

      > > > Check http://www.visitcrestedbutte.com/camping.cfm There's also a
      > > bulletin board or
      > > > discussion group about Crested Butte camping that you can get get
      > > from this site.
      > > >
      > > > Also, check www.skicb.com for more info on DFCB ticket and
      > lodging info.
      > > >
      > > > I have some good info about lodging cost but I left it at work. I
      > > will post it later this week.
      > > >
      > > > I hope to see some of you there!
      > > >
      > > > A.E.

    • Archtop Eddy
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2008
        That's great to hear about your room. Look forward to seeing you! I can't give you much
        info for your young daughter, but it is a family-oriented mountain town so I'm sure you
        will find something suitable for her. Maybe you could stick a small guitar in her
        hands...she's almost old enough by Gypsy standards!

      • denver_hick
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2008
          For all those considering taking families- here is some more info I
          got from the folks putting it on:
          "The concerts will be held indoors in our new conference facility. The
          atmosphere will be more similar to a 1940's nightclub than a
          traditional theatre. There will be tables, and cocktail service as
          well as a bar."
          They said that I would need a ticket for anyone who needs their own
          seat but they might be able to do a discount for the kid.
          Of course as a concerned parent I am not sure it is appropriate for
          children to be hanging out in nightclubs listening to live music until
          they are at least 6 :)

          The Grand Lodge seems very kid friendly through. Id still be
          interested to know about other families- denver_hick@...

          Jon