Moonglow CD

  • joe ross
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hello,
      Some of you might be interested in our new CD just out on Zephyr Records. Called "Moonglow," these are 16 of our favorite old swing & jazz tunes that Beth McNamara , Jerry Ashford and I have been performing since  2004. Occasionally, Todd Clinesmith joins us at gigs with his self-built steel guitar. He's on 4 of the tracks (the more western swingy ones). We also included fantastic fiddler Tim Crouch in the entire mix.

      Here are a couple links to soundclips (& some reviews by those with copies)

      AMAZON -
      http://www.amazon.com/Moonglow-Jerry-Ashford-Beth-McNamara/dp/B001AWZACU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1213662100&sr=1-1

      CDBABY -  http://www.cdbaby.com/joeross

      Please support your local music store by ordering "Moonglow" there and asking them to stock up copies thru the Super-D/Phantom music distribution catalog.

      An album release party at Murphy's House of Brews in downtown Roseburg, Or. (428 SE Main) is planned on Friday 15 Aug from 7-10 PM. Tel. there is 541-672-0912. They have great food and brews. There won't be a cover. However, we'd love to have you purchase a copy of the new "Moonglow" album that evening.

      See ya and thanks again for all your interest and support.
      Joe Ross

      Got Game? Win Prizes in the Windows Live Hotmail Mobile Summer Games Trivia Contest Find out how.
    • altroupe
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2008
        Hey, Joe,

        Long time since I've heard from you. I used to do an occasional
        review for you on the NWBG list. Are you picking some gypsy jazz?

        Your CD sounds like good one, right up my alley. Small combo, old
        standards.

        I drove through Roseburg last fall, don't think I'd been there since
        the downtown area was obliterated in what? Late fifties?

        Not much gypsy jazz in my neighborhood except that Pearl Django will
        be doing a workshop this month within a hundrd miles of my house.
        yahoo.

        Alan Troupe
        Ephrata

        --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, joe ross <rossjoe@...> wrote:

        > Hello,Some of you might be interested in our new CD just out on
        Zephyr Records. Called "Moonglow," these are 16 of our favorite old
        swing & jazz tunes
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
          --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "altroupe" <altroupe@...> wrote:

          > Not much gypsy jazz in my neighborhood except that Pearl Django will
          > be doing a workshop this month within a hundrd miles of my house.
          > yahoo.

          Ephrata PA? There's quite a bit. Gadjo Playboys in Lancaster, Hot Club
          Du Jour in York. HC Philly, Daphne, Sharry Canary's band, in Philly.
          Ernie and Tony are tearing it up on Selmers practically in your back
          yard. There's Kruno (where's he been?).
          Wake up and smell the argentines cooking!
        • Daniel L. Zegibe
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
            I'm in Stamford CT - Where is Pearl Django playing in PA & when?
            Thanks,

            Dan

            > Not much gypsy jazz in my neighborhood except that Pearl Django will
            > be doing a workshop this month within a hundrd miles of my house.
            > yahoo.

            Ephrata PA? There's quite a bit. Gadjo Playboys in Lancaster, Hot Club
            Du Jour in York. HC Philly, Daphne, Sharry Canary's band, in Philly.
            Ernie and Tony are tearing it up on Selmers practically in your back
            yard. There's Kruno (where's he been?).
            Wake up and smell the argentines cooking!

          • T.Hughes
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
              altroupe,
              Yes i am near Pottstown in Chester co about an hour from you if your in Ephrarta Pa?
              Ernie Pugliese and i play a few times a month at a wine bar in West Chester Pa we are open to players sitting in!
              So step out of the shadows and let us know who you are there are players all around you!
              Peace
              Tony Hughes

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7, 2008
                Alas and alack, it's the other Ephrata with the accent on the second
                syllable, located in Central Washington State. I actually saw a GJ
                guitar in a local music store once, on consignment by someone who
                didn't know what he was buying. A large hole Gitane. And we had one
                on stage a couple weeks ago, being played in a band I booked from
                Portland OR, not Maine.

                We don't have the Amish here but we have the Hutterites and I suspect
                they grow more potatoes than the Amish. We have lot of potatoes but no
                gypsy jazz. That's why I have lots of CDs.

                I have a cap from Ephrata PA which I wear on occasion but that's about
                the only connection I have with Pennsylvania except that some of my
                ancestors came from there.

                Alan

                --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <tooth1955@...> wrote:

                > --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "altroupe" <altroupe@> wrote:
                >

                > > Not much gypsy jazz in my neighborhood except that Pearl Django
                will
                > > be doing a workshop this month within a hundrd miles of my house.
                > > yahoo.
                >
                > Ephrata PA? There's quite a bit. Gadjo Playboys in Lancaster, Hot
                Club
                > Du Jour in York. HC Philly, Daphne, Sharry Canary's band, in Philly.
                > Ernie and Tony are tearing it up on Selmers practically in your back
                > yard. There's Kruno (where's he been?).
                > Wake up and smell the argentines cooking!

              • Joe Ross
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
                  --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "altroupe" <altroupe@...> wrote:

                  > Hey, Joe,
                  > Long time since I've heard from you. I used to do an occasional
                  > review for you on the NWBG list. Are you picking some gypsy jazz?

                  Alan,
                  Good to hear from you....and sure I remember you....thanks for those
                  reviews you wrote for Nwbluegrass....if you're willing to review the
                  new "Moonglow" CD plez contact me off-list with your address...

                  The big blast in Roseburg that leveled downtown was in 1959. It wasn't
                  a wise move to park a truckload of dynamite along the street on that
                  real hot summer day.

                  Any lister looking for a good jam and potluck is also invited to our 22-
                  hr Eagleview Pickout under the full moon on Aug 16-17.

                  AUGUST 16-17th
                  Saturday 2PM til Noon on Sunday
                  Eagleview Campground for a 22 hour acoustic Jam at a beautiful spot on
                  the Umpqua River, 14 miles NE of Sutherlin, OR. There are 11 camping
                  sites (no hook-ups). There's fresh water and nicely-maintained pit
                  toilets. We'll share a potluck dinner Saturday night in the large
                  pavillion. It has picnic tables and counter space for our "eats".
                  Nearby is the firepit where we'll gather to play and sing around the
                  bonfire(bring a chair or stool).
                  BRING: Food for yourself and to share, bug repellant, chair, flashlight
                  and the usual camping stuff if you're staying all nite. Firewood would
                  be helpful. And of course, don't forget your guitar, banjo, mandolin,
                  fiddle, etc.
                  DIRECTIONS: From Sutherlin(Exit 136) take Hwy 138 12 miles. Turn left
                  at the Bullock Bridge. Go right on Bullock RD(Hwy57) for approx. 2
                  miles. Eagleview Campground is on the right. If you get lost call Liz
                  at 643-3944. For information call Liz at 541-679-0553.

                  later....
                  Joe
                • David Stevenson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
                    Alright everyone, this is a misunderstanding. Pearl Django is not
                    slated to come to PA, nor does Al live nearby Chester, etc. He was
                    referring to Ephrata in Oregon (and coincidentally there is also a
                    Roseburg in Oregon - just like in central PA). -David

                    --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel L. Zegibe"