Re: Django transcriptions

  • djon43
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
      You need to download Powertab.

      http://www.power-tab.net/newbieguide.php

      __________________________-

      > Has anyone figured out how to read these files with a
      > Mac?
      >
      > Is their no OSX compatible software?
      >
      > Jason
      >
      > --- Dan <tooth1955@...> wrote:
      >
      > > For the finest transcriptions, you can't beat Dennis
      > > C.
      > > http://www.fleche-dor.com/en/transcriptions.php

      > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

    • Steve Royall
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006

        You can also view these transcriptions as HTML pages or MIDI files.

        For those on hotclub.co.uk go to http://www.hotclub.co.uk/ptab/download.php

        You can at least then have a look at tab

        Steve

      • stilljustjack
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2006
          Jason,

          Someone posted this on the djangobooks forum a few weeks back:

          There is a viewer for powertab files for Mac OSX. I think it's been
          out for awhile, but I just found it today.

          http://www.tellini.org/mac/tabview/

          I downloaded ptb files off of
          http://jazz.chansons.free.fr/guitarejazz2.htm and then opened with
          this program. I don't see any "save as" features, which would let me
          export as a PDF etc, but maybe that only kicks in with the full
          version. I will order tomorrow.

          For a Mac-dork like me this is very exciting!!!

          Hope that helps,
          Jack.

          --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, Jason Carter
          <jaysonwcarter@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone figured out how to read these files with a
          > Mac?
          >
          > Is their no OSX compatible software?
          >
          > Jason
          >
          > --- Dan <tooth1955@...> wrote:
          >
          > > For the finest transcriptions, you can't beat Dennis
          > > C.
          > > http://www.fleche-dor.com/en/transcriptions.php

          > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

        • John
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
            I downloaded the trial version of this to my iMac G5. Could not do anything with it except
            get upset when it would neither open properly nor offer anyway to quit other than a force
            quit. Two questions: Are Dennis's transcriptions in this format and has any Mac user been
            able to make it work and how. (OK, that's three questions). If this is more a computer topic
            than GJG, please get over it because you "Dark Side" computor users get all the free stuff
            anyway. Plus if it wasn't for computers, we would not even have this forum.

            --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "stilljustjack" <justjackthanks@...> wrote:

            > Jason,
            >
            > Someone posted this on the djangobooks forum a few weeks back:
            >
            > There is a viewer for powertab files for Mac OSX. I think it's been
            > out for awhile, but I just found it today.
            >
            > http://www.tellini.org/mac/tabview/
            >
            > I downloaded ptb files off of
            > http://jazz.chansons.free.fr/guitarejazz2.htm and then opened with
            > this program. I don't see any "save as" features, which would let me
            > export as a PDF etc, but maybe that only kicks in with the full
            > version. I will order tomorrow.
            >
            > For a Mac-dork like me this is very exciting!!!
            >
            > Hope that helps,
            > Jack.
            >
            > --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, Jason Carter
            > <jaysonwcarter@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Has anyone figured out how to read these files with a
            > > Mac?
            > >
            > > Is their no OSX compatible software?
            > >
            > > Jason
            > >
            > > --- Dan <tooth1955@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > For the finest transcriptions, you can't beat Dennis
            > > > C.
            > > > http://www.fleche-dor.com/en/transcriptions.php

            > > http://new.mail.yahoo.com

          • Jason Carter
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
              Yeah, I downloaded it and got nothing when I tried
              to open the powertab files as well. I wouldn't trade
              my Mac for a PC any day, so I will have to suffer.
              Those of us with OSX can, however, read the few files
              in HTML of course,.....or, buy more books...........or
              even worse........
              .....we may just have to figure out more stuff by ear
              (gasp!)

              ok, that's actually too scary for me......I'll just
              cheat and use a friends pc and them out instead!

              Jason

            • VaiKava
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 5, 2006
                Try GuitarPro 5 for Mac, it can open the PowerTab files!