Re: GJG Members Newsletter Magazines?

  • mehling94601
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
      Paul Mehling -Pazzo from the Hot Club San Francisco is now writing for
      FRETS magazine, for the next year. It's a TRIAL to see if there are
      people like you who are interested. Spread the word and they'll keep
      me (him) on board...send a letter, let them know what you want me to
      write about !

      cheers,
      P--- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Willoughby" <andy@...>
      wrote:

      > The questioner was looking for an "English language magazine that
      gives some good coverage of gypsy jazz and/or acoustic music with jazz
      well represented?"

      > Acoustic Guitar and Fingerstyle Guitar both would seem to fill this
      bill, the latter moreso than the former on jazz coverage. I've never
      seen any gypsy jazz covered in fg, but Earl Klugh and Pat Metheny have
      both been recent cover stories.

      > Acoustic guitar is more well-rounded (much less jazz-y) but I recall
      seeing articles about John Jorgensen and Birelli Lagrene in the last
      two or three years.