Re: Band-in-a-Box

  • Craig Bumgarner
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
      The URL has a typo, the extra "~" before anouman. The following
      worked for me.

      http://www.darkmindshosting.com/~anouman/stuff/bb%20-%20belleville.mp3

      Thanks for posting the files!

      Craig
    • Jon Thor Williams
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
        perfect, thanks.... thats what i needed to hear...

        --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "Craig Bumgarner" <craig@z...>
        wrote:

        > The URL has a typo, the extra "~" before anouman. The following
        > worked for me.
        >
        > http://www.darkmindshosting.com/~anouman/stuff/bb%20-%20belleville.mp3
        >
        > Thanks for posting the files!
        >
        > Craig

      • Patrick Ciliberto
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2005
          Don King from Dell 'Arte guitars suggested that I change my style setting in BIAB from "Django" to "Sinatra". It made a big difference in feel and my willingness to play along with the BIAB tracks. I find it much easier to groove against the Sinatra style. 'Cause we're both Italians? Could be. The Django BIAB setting is too thin and choppy for my taste.

          As a side note, I once played at a club/restaurant in Palm Springs (Jeramiya's?, can't remember) and Frank was in the restaurant section having dinner with his large party. I remember that the management picked up the check. If my arm was 50 yards long I could have touched him.

          Pat
        • Craig Bumgarner
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 23, 2006
            --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "vdub6127" <vicwong@...> wrote:

            > Here it is, a collection of bbox files for much of the django
            > repertoire. Enjoy!
            >
            > http://www.anouman.net/stuff/gypsyrealbook.zip
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Vic

            I'm not a fluent BIB user, so forgive me if I'm missing the obvious,
            but when I try to open any of the extracted files in BIB-12, I get a
            "File Problem" error if I try to launch it within BIB-12 or a Windows
            error: "The Parameter is Incorrect" if I try to launch the file from
            Windows Explorer. This looks like a great collection of backing
            tracks, I'd love to access them. Any ideas? Thanks,

            Craig
          • tomhagen
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 23, 2006
              I've had BIAB do funny stuff like that, A simple reboot has usually
              resolved the problem.
              Hopefully it will be that easy for you.
              Tom

              At 05:53 AM 6/23/2006, you wrote:
              >--- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, "vdub6127" <vicwong@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Here it is, a collection of bbox files for much of the django
              > > repertoire. Enjoy!
              > >
              > > http://www.anouman.net/stuff/gypsyrealbook.zip
              > >
              > > Best,
              > >
              > > Vic
              >
              >I'm not a fluent BIB user, so forgive me if I'm missing the obvious,
              >but when I try to open any of the extracted files in BIB-12, I get a
              >"File Problem" error if I try to launch it within BIB-12 or a Windows
              >error: "The Parameter is Incorrect" if I try to launch the file from
              >Windows Explorer. This looks like a great collection of backing
              >tracks, I'd love to access them. Any ideas? Thanks,
              >
              >Craig
              >

              >G Y P S Y J A Z Z G U I T A R
              >http://www.gypsyjazzguitar.com
              >mailto:webmaster@...
              >mailto:gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com
              >http://www.cafedjango.com
              >mailto:subcribe@...
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Menno J.H. van der Reijden
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 26, 2006

                Hi Vic,

                So soon already,

                It was nice to jam with you in Samois, thanks.

                grtz,

                :-) Menno