Guitar Builders & Repairers

  • DWBrownThree@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001

            Hey all:
      Check this link out . . .
    • Richard Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2001
        AhHA!! Another one stole my background!! That spruce background tile was scanned from the topwood of the first guitar I built back in '95. I put up a site of my own at http://members.home.com/rajones19 which has four pages about the building of that first guitar, and created that background tile specifically for the site. It must have "struck a chord," because I'm seeing it everywhere now. There's even a luthier in the Netherlands using it! So far, the only one who has asked ahead of time is Kathy Matsushita, from San Jose, who has a fabulous site for amateur guitar builders located at http://www.jps.net/kmatsu/. I don't know if any of this is of interest to anybody, or not.

        In addition to the Taylor-style knock-off on my own site, I've got two grande bouche-style Maccferri's under my belt; one of them is in my living room, the other was sold by Elderly Instruments last September. I think their page is still buried on their web site at http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/45U-776.htm.

        The guitar-building is not a livelihood for me, but only a hobby; I'm sure I'll get back to it, but not sure when.

        Thanks for listening,
        Rick Jones