Robin Williams's Idea

  • justhink
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we
      need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

      Robin Williams's Plan

      I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan
      for peace. So, here's one plan.

      1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their
      affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,
      Milosevic and the rest of those 'good ole boys,' We will never
      "interfere" again.

      2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with
      Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We
      would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in
      the fence.

      3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
      leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder
      will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where
      they are. France would welcome them.

      4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days
      unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be
      allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't
      hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need
      any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

      5. No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers.
      If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

      6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy
      wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but
      will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The
      caribou will have to cope for a while.

      7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel!
      for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can
      go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells
      filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

      8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we
      will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds,
      rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them
      is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very
      little, if anything.

      9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't
      need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building
      would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

      10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one
      can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is
      ENGLISH - learn it...or LEAVE! Now, isn't that a winner of a plan.

      "The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your poor, your
      tired, your huddled masses.' She's holding a baseball bat and she's
      yelling, 'You want a piece of me?' "

      If you agree with the above for
    • Jim / Spike's Big Adventure
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        "OFF Topic" in the header would be appreciated, thanks.

        I have some serious doubts that this is Robin's stuff.

        Jim
      • Norman Plankey
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2004
          --- In gypsyjazzguitar@yahoogroups.com, justhink <justhink@e...>
          wrote:
          > Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What
          we
          > need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this
          message.

          > Robin Williams's Plan
          >
          > I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a
          plan
          > for peace. So, here's one plan.

          SNIP!!!

          This one is un-true: a hoax.
          http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/williams.asp

          Not that I'm against world peace, but it seems to have no place in
          this list (oddly).

          Norman CT/USA