Re: transcriptions/ music sheets

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
      --- In gypsyjazzguitar@y..., Sims Delaney-Potthoff <sims@w...> wrote:
      okay.
      > I'd like to find django's I'll see you in My Dreams

      It's in the booklet that comes with the Paul Mehling video,
      part II (soloing). Both tab and standard notation.

      Bill
    • Francois Rousseau
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
        Don't trust it too much though ! trust your ears while listening to Django's
        version.

        François

        Bill wrote:

        > --- In gypsyjazzguitar@y..., Sims Delaney-Potthoff <sims@w...> wrote:
        > okay.
        > > I'd like to find django's I'll see you in My Dreams
        >
        > It's in the booklet that comes with the Paul Mehling video,
        > part II (soloing). Both tab and standard notation.
        >
        > Bill

      • guitarduo
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
          Hi Sims,
          This is a bit off topic but,

          Do you know of any good books on solo mandolin ?
          I mean mixing runs and chords with no other accompaniment, especially from
          Russia, Europe or South America.

          Best Wishes,
          Mark Levesque

          Sims Delaney-Potthoff wrote:

          > Hi Mark,
          > as a matter of fact I do. shoot me your address and I'll copy them for
          > you. they are both in standard notation, not tab, if that's still okay.
          > I'd like to find django's I'll see you in My Dreams (or stochelo's) or how
          > about Tchavalo Swing or any hot solos (django, fapy, romane, angelo...)
          > thanks --
          > sims
          >
          > Mark Macalik wrote:
          >
          > > Do you have any transcriptions of the gypsy song
          > > Czardas and the latin song Tico Tico?
          > >
          > > If anybody does, I would like to exchange some music
          > > sheets.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > mark

          > > a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
          > >

          > --
          > Harmoniously,
          > Sims
          >
          > http://www.wail.com
          > 608-221-3966
          >
          > "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember this whole thing was
          > started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

        • Marc Guillemette
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
            Why don't you and your mandolin take a walk will ya?!
            (just kidding there Mark). How can it possibly off
            topic if your playing Manouche on that thing? Hey
            whether you play guitar, violin or plunk away on a
            hair comb for crying out load or even a gut bucket, if
            your doing the Roma thing then you're still on topic.
            Although it would be interesting to hear the entire
            Saturday Night Fever album done on Mandolin.

            -Marc

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
              I sent an email to Bravo Canada and asked if they were
              going to air Latcho again and the sad response was:

              Hello,

              Thank you for your interest in Bravo!. Unfortunately
              we no longer have the rights to the movie "Latcho
              Drom" so we are unable to air it again. If you are
              interested in obtaining a copy of the movie I suggest
              going into your
              local video store or music store (eg. HMV). The movie
              was supplied by
              Lions
              Gate Films Inc.

              That damn VCR of mine has fouled up for the last
              time!!! Tonight it gets the axe! I guess I have to
              stop being a cheap b@$tard and just buy a copy. Oh the
              world is so cruel with it's "buy this" and "buy that"!
              The Jones have DVD and you still have a top load VHS
              with a cord remote (not cordless but a thirty foot
              cord attached to it). I'm not big on material goods
              but for Pete's sake I sure can use a decent VCR!!

              -Marc

              a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • Robert Shafer
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
                where and when will stochelo and romane be in canada? also, do you have any
                press kits or promo for the rosenberg trio?
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
                  Hi Robert,

                  I don't know the exact dates that Stochelo and Romane will be in
                  Canada. I assume that they will attend the Quebec festival in July.
                  Usually I get the tourschedules of The Rosenberg trio from their
                  manager but since this is a private gig of Stochelo and Romane I have
                  to wait till Stochelo hears everything from Romane.

                  I don't have press kits or promo-materials for The Rosenberg Trio.
                  The manager usually sends that. You can contact the management. The
                  address is in the menu of our homepage.
                  Official requests for materials can be send to me but I have to
                  forward them to the management.

                  Gypsylover
                • marcio_beck@zipmail.com.br
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 16, 2001
                    hello, all you gypsyjazzmen (and women!)

                    i've been away for a couple of weeks (moved to a new job) but kept reading
                    all the postings anyway, even though i had not the time to answer some i'd
                    like to.

                    anyway, it's good to be back.

                    Marc...

                    yes, it~s a very cruel world indeed, however...
                    stop being such a Scrooge! :)))
                    scratch your pockets, pull out some cash and get yourself a copy of Latcho
                    Drom. It's worth every cent. I watch that scene of the Tchavolo Swing dozens
                    of times a week. I showed it to my brother-in-law (guitarrist of a Ramones
                    cover band) and he almost had a stroke. When he saw Tchavolo playing the
                    solo, his very words were (i quote): "WHAT?? What the f...? Does this guy
                    think he is playing a piano?".

                    That music is really something. I'd like a few more info on Tchavolo and
                    Dorado. Can anybody help?

                    regards,

                    Márcio

                    http://www.zipmail.com.br O e-mail que vai aonde você está.
                  • Francois Rousseau
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 16, 2001
                      This is the festival official site. They will announce their program in a
                      few months.

                      Don't be mistaken by the program shown on the site (it's 2000).

                      http://www.infofestival.com/