Re: transcriptions/ music sheets

  • Gypsylover
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
      Hi Sims,

      It's good to see you active in the group here. I saw that you are
      going to play at the Django Memorial in Augsburg next April. I wished
      that I could go there. The same weekend we have out hotclub-reunion
      here in the Netherlands and I have guests from Denmark to go there
      and to a Rosenberg show.
      I was wondering if you will go to Samois again this year.
      After all, it's a pleasure to have a good mandolinplayer between all
      those guitarists. Is your Rob Aylard-mandolin ready?
      There is a rhumour thhat the old camping in Samois in the woods will
      be opened again. We haven't decided yet where we want to stay with
      our caravan. Only in our first year in Samois in 1996 we stayed at
      the old camping, since that time we stayed in Samoreau. You've seen
      it, it's pretty good. If you have a car it's not a problem.
      I think that the number of (American) visitors will increase and
      perhaps both campings will be crowded. As long as not all the
      musicians go to one camping it's okay.

      Mary
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
        --- In gypsyjazzguitar@y..., Sims Delaney-Potthoff <sims@w...> wrote:
        okay.
        > I'd like to find django's I'll see you in My Dreams

        It's in the booklet that comes with the Paul Mehling video,
        part II (soloing). Both tab and standard notation.

        Bill
      • Francois Rousseau
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
          Don't trust it too much though ! trust your ears while listening to Django's
          version.

          François

          Bill wrote:

          > --- In gypsyjazzguitar@y..., Sims Delaney-Potthoff <sims@w...> wrote:
          > okay.
          > > I'd like to find django's I'll see you in My Dreams
          >
          > It's in the booklet that comes with the Paul Mehling video,
          > part II (soloing). Both tab and standard notation.
          >
          > Bill

        • guitarduo
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
            Hi Sims,
            This is a bit off topic but,

            Do you know of any good books on solo mandolin ?
            I mean mixing runs and chords with no other accompaniment, especially from
            Russia, Europe or South America.

            Best Wishes,
            Mark Levesque

            Sims Delaney-Potthoff wrote:

            > Hi Mark,
            > as a matter of fact I do. shoot me your address and I'll copy them for
            > you. they are both in standard notation, not tab, if that's still okay.
            > I'd like to find django's I'll see you in My Dreams (or stochelo's) or how
            > about Tchavalo Swing or any hot solos (django, fapy, romane, angelo...)
            > thanks --
            > sims
            >
            > Mark Macalik wrote:
            >
            > > Do you have any transcriptions of the gypsy song
            > > Czardas and the latin song Tico Tico?
            > >
            > > If anybody does, I would like to exchange some music
            > > sheets.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > mark

            > > a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            > >

            > --
            > Harmoniously,
            > Sims
            >
            > http://www.wail.com
            > 608-221-3966
            >
            > "If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember this whole thing was
            > started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

          • Marc Guillemette
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
              Why don't you and your mandolin take a walk will ya?!
              (just kidding there Mark). How can it possibly off
              topic if your playing Manouche on that thing? Hey
              whether you play guitar, violin or plunk away on a
              hair comb for crying out load or even a gut bucket, if
              your doing the Roma thing then you're still on topic.
              Although it would be interesting to hear the entire
              Saturday Night Fever album done on Mandolin.

              -Marc

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
                I sent an email to Bravo Canada and asked if they were
                going to air Latcho again and the sad response was:

                Hello,

                Thank you for your interest in Bravo!. Unfortunately
                we no longer have the rights to the movie "Latcho
                Drom" so we are unable to air it again. If you are
                interested in obtaining a copy of the movie I suggest
                going into your
                local video store or music store (eg. HMV). The movie
                was supplied by
                Lions
                Gate Films Inc.

                That damn VCR of mine has fouled up for the last
                time!!! Tonight it gets the axe! I guess I have to
                stop being a cheap b@$tard and just buy a copy. Oh the
                world is so cruel with it's "buy this" and "buy that"!
                The Jones have DVD and you still have a top load VHS
                with a cord remote (not cordless but a thirty foot
                cord attached to it). I'm not big on material goods
                but for Pete's sake I sure can use a decent VCR!!

                -Marc

                a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
              • Robert Shafer
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
                  where and when will stochelo and romane be in canada? also, do you have any
                  press kits or promo for the rosenberg trio?
                  >It's good to see you active in the group here. I saw that you are
                  >going to play at the Django Memorial in Augsburg next April. I wished
                  >that I could go there. The same weekend we have out hotclub-reunion
                  >here in the Netherlands and I have guests from Denmark to go there
                  >and to a Rosenberg show.
                  >I was wondering if you will go to Samois again this year.
                  >After all, it's a pleasure to have a good mandolinplayer between all
                  >those guitarists. Is your Rob Aylard-mandolin ready?
                  >There is a rhumour thhat the old camping in Samois in the woods will
                  >be opened again. We haven't decided yet where we want to stay with
                  >our caravan. Only in our first year in Samois in 1996 we stayed at
                  >the old camping, since that time we stayed in Samoreau. You've seen
                  >it, it's pretty good. If you have a car it's not a problem.
                  >I think that the number of (American) visitors will increase and
                  >perhaps both campings will be crowded. As long as not all the
                  >musicians go to one camping it's okay.
                  >
                  >Mary

                • Gypsylover
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 15, 2001
                    Hi Robert,

                    I don't know the exact dates that Stochelo and Romane will be in
                    Canada. I assume that they will attend the Quebec festival in July.
                    Usually I get the tourschedules of The Rosenberg trio from their
                    manager but since this is a private gig of Stochelo and Romane I have
                    to wait till Stochelo hears everything from Romane.

                    I don't have press kits or promo-materials for The Rosenberg Trio.
                    The manager usually sends that. You can contact the management. The
                    address is in the menu of our homepage.
                    Official requests for materials can be send to me but I have to
                    forward them to the management.

                    Gypsylover
                  • marcio_beck@zipmail.com.br
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 16, 2001
                      hello, all you gypsyjazzmen (and women!)

                      i've been away for a couple of weeks (moved to a new job) but kept reading
                      all the postings anyway, even though i had not the time to answer some i'd
                      like to.

                      anyway, it's good to be back.

                      Marc...

                      yes, it~s a very cruel world indeed, however...
                      stop being such a Scrooge! :)))
                      scratch your pockets, pull out some cash and get yourself a copy of Latcho
                      Drom. It's worth every cent. I watch that scene of the Tchavolo Swing dozens
                      of times a week. I showed it to my brother-in-law (guitarrist of a Ramones
                      cover band) and he almost had a stroke. When he saw Tchavolo playing the
                      solo, his very words were (i quote): "WHAT?? What the f...? Does this guy
                      think he is playing a piano?".

                      That music is really something. I'd like a few more info on Tchavolo and
                      Dorado. Can anybody help?

                      regards,

                      Márcio

                      http://www.zipmail.com.br O e-mail que vai aonde você está.
                    • Francois Rousseau
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 16, 2001
                        This is the festival official site. They will announce their program in a
                        few months.

                        Don't be mistaken by the program shown on the site (it's 2000).

                        http://www.infofestival.com/