Swing Jam in Jax on Monday

  • Jerry Carris
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2002
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jerry Carris [mailto:jc-gang@...]
      The Swing Jam is now in Jacksonville, Florida on Monday night at 7 p.m.
      Everyone and every level of player is welcome. Chord charts are
      provided so you wont get too lost. Y'all come.

      Jerry Carris
      New address:
      8280 Newport Road
      Jacksonville, Fl 32244
      904-771-1374 (home) 904-514-2944 (Cell) for more information

      Here are Directions from Jax and points East along I95, From
      Gainesville, and from Keystone Heights.

      Directions from Jax and points East along I95:
      Old Exit 5 off I-295 is 103rd Street. Take 103rd West (toward Cecil
      Field)
      for about 1.5 miles. Turn left onto Brannon. Brannon is one block west
      of Valdura-there is a traffic light at Valdura and is well marked.

      Go south (left) on Brannon to Cheryl Ann. Turn East (left) onto Cheryl
      Ann and take the 1st Right onto NEWPORT. My house is the 1st one on the
      right. It is on the corner of Cheryl Ann and NEWPORT. Split-level,
      Brick. Upper level has siding.

      From Gainesville and points West and South along 301:

      Take 301 North to Normandy Blvd. Normandy is also Highway 228. There
      is a caution light in the community of Maxville and a sign pointing
      toward Jacksonville. Turn right (East) onto Normandy. Between 8 to 10
      miles, turn right onto Highway 134. This is at Cecil Field.
      Take 134 across the Ortega River. 134 becomes 103rd St. Look for the
      Merrita Bread Outlet Store on the right. Take the road one block after
      the Merrita Bread store. That is Brannon Road. Go south (right) on
      Brannon to Cheryl Ann. Turn East (left) onto Cheryl Ann and take the
      1st Right onto NEWPORT. My house is the 1st one on the right. It is on
      the corner of Cheryl Ann and NEWPORT. Split-level, Brick. Upper level
      has siding.

      >From Keystone Heights and points along Highway 21.

      Take Highway 21 into Middleburg. There is a new light just past the
      Clay County Sheriff's Office at Baxter-Brannon Field Road. (Brannon
      Field Road has a new section which connects to I-10 at Chaffee Road
      called Highway 23 that is not on the maps yet.) Turn Left onto Brannon
      Field Road. Drive to 103rd Street. Turn Right. Cross Ortega River.
      Look for the Merrita Bread Outlet Store on the Right. Take the road one
      block after the Merrita Bread store. That is Brannon Road. Go south
      (right) on Brannon to Cheryl Ann. Turn East (left) onto Cheryl Ann and
      take the 1st Right onto NEWPORT. My house is the 1st one on the right.
      It is on the corner of Cheryl Ann and NEWPORT. Split-level, Brick.
      Upper level has siding.

      To Songs are:

      HONEYSUCKLE ROSE

      Key of F 4/4

      [:Gm7C7 |Gm7 C7|Gm7 C7 | Gm 7 C7 |
      1.________________
      |F |Gm7C7| F | Am7 D7 :]
      2._____
      | F | F||
      |F7 Gm7 |Abdim F7|Bb F7|Bb |
      |G7 Dm7|Bbdim G7|C7|Gm7 C7 ||
      |Gm7 C7 |Gm7C7|Gm7 C7|Gm7 C7 |
      |F |Gm7C7| F|F |

      Limehouse Blues Key of G
      |C7 |C7 |C7 |C7 |A7 |A7 |A7 |A7 |
      |G |G |B7 |Em |A7 |A7 |D7 |D7 |
      |C7 |C7 |C7 |C7 |A7 |A7 |A7 |A7 |
      |G |E7 |C |Cm |Am |D7 |G |G |

      Avalon Key of F
      [:C7 | C7 |C7 |C7 |
      1._______
      |F |F C7| F |F :]
      2.________________
      |F |F | D7|D7 |
      |D7 |D7 |Gm| Gm D7|
      |Gm |Gm Abdim |
      |F | F| D7 | D7|
      |Gm7 |C7| F | F |

      ANYTHING GOES Key of C 4/4

      [:C | C | C | C C7 |
      1.________
      |F |Fm | C |G7 :]
      2._________
      |C |B7 || E | B7 |Em7|B7 |
      |Em7 |A7 |Dm7 |G7 ||
      |C |C |C |CC7 |F | Fm|
      |C |C |

      DON'T GET AROUND MUCH ANY MORE Key of C 4/4
      (Pickup) G7 |
      [: C | C |A7 | A7 |
      1.__________
      |D7 |Dm7 G7| C| G7 :]
      2.___________
      |C |C7 || F | Fm |
      |C |Gm7 C7 |F | Fm |
      |Em B7 |G7 ||C |C |
      |A7 |A7 |D7 |Dm7G7|
      |C |C |

      FLY ME TO THE MOON Key of C 4/4
      Lead in chord | E7 |
      [Am7 | Dm7| G7 | C C7 |
      |F |Bm7b5|E7 |Am A7 |
      |Dm7 |G7 |C |Am |
      |Dm7 |G7 |Fm6C|E7|
      ||Am7|Dm7 |G7 | C C7 |
      |F |Bm7b5 |E7 | Am A7 |
      |Dm7|G7 |Em7b5 |A7 |
      |Dm7|G7 |C |C |

      Sweet Georgia Brown Key of F
      Verse
      |Dm |A7 | Dm |A7 |
      |Dm |A7 | Dm |A7 |
      |Dm |A7 | Dm |A7 |
      |G7 |G7 | C7 |C7 |
      |C7 |C7 | C7 |A7 ||
      Refrain
      |D7 |D7 |D7 |D7 |
      |G7 |G7 |G7 |G7 |
      |C7 |C7 |C7 |C7 |
      |F |C7+ |F |A7 |
      |D7 |D7 |D7 |D7 |
      |G7 |G7 |G7 |G7 |
      |Dm |A7 | Dm |A7 |
      |F7 E7|Eb7 D7|Db7 C7|
      |F |

      5'2"/Please Don't Talk About Me
      |C |E7 |A7 |A7 |D7 |G7 |C |G7 |
      |C |E7 |A7 |A7 |D7 |G7 |C | C |
      |E7 |E7 |A7 |A7 |D7 |D7 |G7|G7+|
      |C |E7 |A7 |A7 |D7 |G7 |C | C |

      PENNIES FROM HEAVEN Key of C 4/4
      [ C| C Ebdim |Dm7 |G7|
      |C | C Ebdim |Dm7 |G7|
      |C7| C7 |F |F |
      |D7| D7 |G7 |G7|
      ||C| C Ebdim |Dm7 |G7|
      |C7| C7 |F |F |
      |F | Fm |Em7 |A7|
      |Dm7|G7 |C |C |

      You can make your own chord charts at:
      http://www.guitarejazz.com/grille/index.htm
      http://www.ralphpatt.com/Song.html
      http://www.gadjodrom.com/ Click on "grilles"
      http://guitar-primer.com/Charts/index2.html This site contains Sheet
      Music
    • Jerry Carris
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 8, 2002
        The Swing Jam is now in Jacksonville, Florida on Monday night at 7 p.m.
        Everyone and every level of player is welcome. Chord charts are
        provided so you wont get too lost. Y'all come.

        Jerry Carris
        8280 Newport Road
        Jacksonville, Fl 32244
        904-771-1374 (home) 904-514-2944 (Cell) for more information

        Call or email back for directions if you need them.

        Remember: No jam on Monday Sept 23. Dan Crary is in town.
      • Jerry Carris
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 15, 2002
          The Swing Jam in Jacksonville, Florida on Monday night at 7 p.m.
          Everyone and every level of player is welcome. Chord charts are
          provided so you wont get too lost. Y'all come.

          Jerry Carris
          8280 Newport Road
          Jacksonville, Fl 32244
          904-771-1374 (home) 904-514-2944 (Cell) for more information

          On the Westside, about 1.5 miles west of I-295 off 103rd Street
          Call or email back for directions if you need them.

          Remember: No jam next week on Monday Sept 23. Dan Crary is in town.