Saltwater Intrusion

  • collin_chewfk
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hi, my name is collin and I'm a undergrad student doing a thesis on
      saltwater intrusion. I'm trying to learn how to built a numerical
      model using SEAWAT and I'm having some problems with it. I'm looking
      for some work examples for SEAWAT. Can any of you guys help me.

      Cheers Collin
    • Barb Ford
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
        collin,
        mike riley at SSPA mriley@... maybe can help you
        good luck
        Hi, my name is collin and I'm a undergrad student doing a thesis on
        saltwater intrusion. I'm trying to learn how to built a numerical
        model using SEAWAT and I'm having some problems with it. I'm looking
        for some work examples for SEAWAT. Can any of you guys help me.

        Cheers Collin

        * Post message: gwmodel@yahoogroups.com

        * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar - http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/

      • Joe Ariyaratnam
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2004
          Colin,
          When you download the package from the USGS website, there are a number of example packages that come with it - these are further documented in the manual.

          Don't hesitate to contact Christian Langevin, one of the developers - he is very helpful.

          Good luck
          Joe

          Hi, my name is collin and I'm a undergrad student doing a thesis on
          saltwater intrusion. I'm trying to learn how to built a numerical
          model using SEAWAT and I'm having some problems with it. I'm looking
          for some work examples for SEAWAT. Can any of you guys help me.

          Cheers Collin

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • philchile
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
            Colin,

            There is a report on Biscayne Bay, FL that may help you, it describes
            application of SeaWAT by Christian Langevin, Water resources
            investigation report 00-4251.

            See http://fl.water.usgs.gov/Abstracts/wri00_4251_langevin.html

            Groundwater Vistas can be used as an interface to SeaWAT and if you
            keep the model small, it should still work in student (free) mode.

            Regards,

            Phil Hayes

            Dr Phil Hayes, Modelling Manager.
            Water Management Consultants Ltd.
            23 Swan Hill, SHREWSBURY, SY1 1NN, UK.

            --- In gwmodel@yahoogroups.com, "collin_chewfk" <collin_chewfk@y...>
            wrote:
            > Hi, my name is collin and I'm a undergrad student doing a thesis on
            > saltwater intrusion. I'm trying to learn how to built a numerical
            > model using SEAWAT and I'm having some problems with it. I'm
            looking
            > for some work examples for SEAWAT. Can any of you guys help me.
            >
            > Cheers Collin
          • James Rumbaugh
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
              Hi Colin,

              Yes, Phil is correct. Groundwater Vistas works well with SEAWAT. You can
              download a document that shows how SEAWAT interfaces with Vistas from:

              ftp://ftp.modflow2000.com/pub/UseSeawat.zip

              The student version of Groundwater Vistas is limited to 50 rows, 50
              columns, and 4 layers but otherwise is fully functional. In cross-section
              mode, the student version is limited to 50 columns and 50 layers. You can
              get that from www.groundwatermodels.com Look for the Groundwater Vistas
              Version 4 full install.

              Good luck.

              Jim Rumbaugh

              At 10:38 AM 2/5/2004 +0000, you wrote:
              >Colin,
              >
              >There is a report on Biscayne Bay, FL that may help you, it describes
              >application of SeaWAT by Christian Langevin, Water resources
              >investigation report 00-4251.
              >
              >See http://fl.water.usgs.gov/Abstracts/wri00_4251_langevin.html
              >
              >Groundwater Vistas can be used as an interface to SeaWAT and if you
              >keep the model small, it should still work in student (free) mode.
              >
              >Regards,
              >
              >Phil Hayes

              >Dr Phil Hayes, Modelling Manager.
              >Water Management Consultants Ltd.
              >23 Swan Hill, SHREWSBURY, SY1 1NN, UK.
              >

              >--- In gwmodel@yahoogroups.com, "collin_chewfk" <collin_chewfk@y...>
              >wrote:
              > > Hi, my name is collin and I'm a undergrad student doing a thesis on
              > > saltwater intrusion. I'm trying to learn how to built a numerical
              > > model using SEAWAT and I'm having some problems with it. I'm
              >looking
              > > for some work examples for SEAWAT. Can any of you guys help me.
              > >
              > > Cheers Collin

              P.S. We are now shipping Groundwater Vistas Version 4! You can see what is
              new at:
              ftp://ftp.modflow2000.com/pub/gv4_brochure.pdf

              Jim Rumbaugh Software,
              Environmental Simulations, Inc. Information, &
              P.O. Box 156, 300 Mountain Top Rd. Services for Groundwater
              Reinholds, PA 17569 Modeling
              (610) 670-3400
              (610) 670-9239 fax
              jrumbaugh@...
              <http://www.groundwatermodels.com>http://www.groundwatermodels.com

              2004 Course Dates (Washington DC area):
              Intro to Groundwater Modeling with Groundwater Vistas: Feb 11-13, May
              12-14, Oct 6-8
              Applied Calibration, Uncertainty, and Optimization: Mar 17-19, Jun 16-18,
              Nov 10-12