Time Series Analysis

  • #STEPHEN TAN BOON KEAN#
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
      Dear Group Members,

      I am doing groudwater recharge estimation using time series analysis.

      I am facing some problems in computating the differenced water level as some of my water table fluctuation data show stage form and rectangular form rather than sinus form. For those forms, how should I compute the differenced water levels and their corresponding time?

      Kindly give me some opinions or guidances if any one of you is experienced in using the time series analysis.

      Your help is most appreciated.

      Thank you.

      Regards
      Stephen
    • Shah, Tushaar (IWMI-IN)
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
        Dear friends,

        We are trying to analyse fluctuations in groundwater levels for South Asia
        on a sub-continental level. We would like to review previous work on such a
        large scale. Would anyone be able to guide us to such work?

        Moreover, any advice on where to get time series data on pre-monsoon and
        post monsoon water levels for the sub-continent?

        Appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

        Tushaar Shah
        International Water Management Institute,
        South Asia Program, Anand Office
        Elecon, Anand-Sojitra Rd,
        Vallabh Vidyanagar 388120 Gujarat, INDIA
        0091-2692-229311/2/3
        www.iwmi.org

        I am doing groudwater recharge estimation using time series analysis.

        I am facing some problems in computating the differenced water level as some
        of my water table fluctuation data show stage form and rectangular form
        rather than sinus form. For those forms, how should I compute the
        differenced water levels and their corresponding time?

        Kindly give me some opinions or guidances if any one of you is experienced
        in using the time series analysis.

        Your help is most appreciated.

        Thank you.

        Regards
        Stephen

        * To subscribe this group, send a blank email to:
        gwmodel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        * To unsubscribe from this group, send a blank email to:
        * Post message: gwmodel@yahoogroups.com
        * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar -
        http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Amartya Kumar Bhattacharya
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
          Dear Mr. Shah,
          I am working in much the same area. I think I shall be able
          to help you.
          With regards,
          Yours sincerely,
          Amartya Kumar Bhattacharya
          Dr. A.K.Bhattacharya
          Dept. of Applied Mechanics,
          BEC(DU),
          Howrah - 711103.

        • Ray on EV1
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
            Stephen,

            If the data is bad, don't use it. I have run into this often where data is
            stored by some data compression method that doesn't preserve slopes.

            Ray