Resource Persons - Roorkee, Bhopal, Belgaum, Kakinada, Patna, Guwahati (India)
- National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee-247667
(A Govt. of India Society under Ministry of Water Resources)
Advertisement No. 3(II)(Admn.-II)/NIH/2013
National Institute of Hydrology (NIH), Roorkee, invites applications from persons with qualification and experience to act as Resource Person to the NIH (for HQs at Roorkee and Regional Centres at Bhopal, Belgaum, Kakinada, Patna and Guwahati) on contract basis in the following subject areas/disciplines:
1. Technical documentation, outreach, communication & capacity building
2. Technology transfer, ISO, IPR and water policy issues
3. Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
4. IT & Web services
5. Hydrologic and geophysical Instrumentation
6. Analytical Instrumentation (Laser isotope, Ion chromatograph, etc.)
7. Groundwater modelling & management
8. Impact of climate change on groundwater resources
9. Environmental modelling/Environmental impact assessment
10. Groundwater dating
11. Climate Change Impact
12. Water Quality
13. Coastal Groundwater modelling
14. Flow and erosion modelling
Fee and Local Conveyance: The maximum amount of monthly consolidated fee and Local Conveyance payable to different categories of Consultants shall be as under:
Resource Person (Jr.)
Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 40,000/- depending upon educational qualification and experience. Plus Rs. 1,500/- p.m. as local conveyance.
Resource Person (Sr.)
Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 70,000 /- depending upon educational qualification and experience. Plus Rs. 3000/- p.m. as local conveyance.
The amount of fee in the case of retired Government official's appointment as Resource Person in any of the two categories shall be fixed at the last salary drawn less basic pension/ pension equivalent of employer's contribution to CPF.
(i) Resource Person (Junior)
(a) Professionals having Master's Degree in relevant subject or technical qualifications like B.Tech, MBA or equivalent in relevant field/subject (required educational qualifications mentioned below). Persons with higher/additional qualifications, research experience, published papers and post qualification experience in the relevant field would be preferred.
(b) Retired Government employees with (i) Grade pay of Rs. 6600 and above & (ii) at least 7 years experience in the required domain field would also be eligible for this position.
(ii) Resource Person (Senior)
(a) Professionals having Master's Degree in relevant subject and minimum post qualification experience of 6 years in the requisite field (required educational qualifications mentioned below). Persons with higher/additional qualifications, research experience, published papers and post qualification experience in the relevant field would be preferred.
(b) Retired Government employees with (i) Grade pay of Rs. 7600/- and above & (ii) at least 12 years experience in the required domain field would also be eligible for this position.
1. Professionals / Retired employees from Govt. / autonomous organisations with requisite qualifications and experience as prescribed would be eligible for being engaged as Resource Persons. However the engagement as Resource Persons shall not be considered as a case of re-employment.
2. Resource Persons would be engaged for a fixed period for providing high quality services to the Institute or for attending to specific and time-bound jobs. In case of retired persons, the maximum age limit upto which a person can be engaged on contract basis shall be 65 years.
3. The appointment of Resource Persons would be on Full-time basis and they would not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of Consultancy with the NIH.
4. The appointment of Resource Persons is of a temporary nature and the appointment can be cancelled at any time by the Institute without assigning any reason.
5. The initial term of appointment and subsequent extension (s) if any, shall be decided on case to case basis depending upon the specific job and the time frame for its completion.
6. The Resource Persons shall not be entitled to any allowance such as Dearness Allowance, Residential Telephone, Transport Facility, Residential Accommodation, Personal Staff, CGHS/Medical Reimbursement etc. However, they will be entitled for local conveyance as per the rates prescribed above.
7. The Resource Person may be provided with the transit accommodation as per prevailing rules of the Institute. The applicable licence fee shall be charged and the Resource Person shall vacate the accommodation on the termination or expiry of the tenure, whichever is earlier.
8. No TA/DA shall be admissible for joining the appointment on contractual basis. Resource Persons shall be allowed TA/DA for their travel inside the country in connection with the official work.
9. The selection of candidates will be made through an interview from the shortlisted applications received in response to the advertisement. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. The candidates must bring original certificates for verification at the time of interview. The interview schedule will be posted on NIH website (www.nih.ernet.in), and the shortlisted candidates will also be informed by email/telephone. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidate for attending the interview.
Interested persons possessing the above mentioned eligibility are requested to submit their bio-data to the undersigned. No TA will be paid for appearing in the interview. Director, NIH reserves the right not to fill-up these positions, if he so decides.
How to apply: The application must be submitted in the prescribed application form. Application Form duly filled in (neatly typed/ hand written) and complete in all respects, accompanied by attested photograph and attested copies of the mark-sheets/certificates/testimonials etc. in support of date of birth/age, qualifications, and experience as mentioned in the application should be submitted to Director, National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee-247667 by mentioning the Advt. No and "Application for Resource Person" on the envelope so as to reach NIH within 21 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the Employment News.
FORMAT FOR APPLICATION:
(1) Name , (2) Father's Name .., (3) Date of Birth , (4) Domicile ., (5) Nationality , (6) Mailing address (with Tel./Mob. No. and E-mail Address) .. , (7) Permanent address ., (8) Educational Qualifications (High School/Matric onwards), (9) Work Experience [Mentioning Sl. No., Organisation/Institute, Period (from To), nature of work and remarks], (10) Whether SC/ST/OBC, (11) Reference from two officers and (12) Signature with Date.
Incomplete, unsigned applications or applications received after the due date will be rejected summarily and not be considered under any circumstances.
Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification.
Senior Administrative Officer
Educational Qualification for Resource Persons (Junior):
1. Bachelor's degree in Engg./Tech. or Master degree in Geology/ Geophysics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Environmental Sciences/RS & GIS. Field experience in hydrogeology and hydrochemistry. Knowledge in ArcGIS software and ground water modelling. (Roorkee)
2. Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Research experience in Environmental Modelling/ Environmental Impact Assessment. (Roorkee)
3. Bachelor's degree in Civil/ Instrumentation or PG in Geology/ Geophysics or equivalent. Research experience in analytical instrumentation. (Roorkee)
4. Bachelor's degree in Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical Engg. Knowledge of microcontroller based hydro-meteorological instrumentation, water related projects. (Roorkee)
5. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ IT or MBA. (Roorkee)
6. Master's degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Media OR a Post Graduate in Applied Sciences with work experience in outreach and communication projects. (Roorkee)
7. Master's degree in Engineering/Applied Sciences/Management with work experience in technology transfer, IPR and/or ISO projects. (Roorkee)
8. Master's degree in IWRM/ Water Management/ Natural Resource Management with work experience in Water Management and /or IWRM Projects. (Roorkee & Belgaum)
9. Bachelor's degree in Civil/ Agri. Engg. or Master's degree in Chemistry. Research experience in river bank erosion modelling. (Guwahati)
10. Bachelor's degree in Civil/Agri. Engg./IT/Computer Science. Research experience in Hydrology/Water Resources/RS. (Bhopal)
Educational Qualification for Resource Persons (Senior):
1. Master's degree in Engg./Geology/Geophysics with minimum 6 years post qualification experience in the field of hydrology/ hydrogeology. (Roorkee)
2. Master's degree in Environmental Engineering with minimum 6 years post qualification experience in Environmental Modelling/ Environmental Impact Assessment. (Roorkee)
3. Master's degree in Computer Science/ IT with minimum 6 years post qualification experience. (Roorkee)
4. Master's degree in Engineering/Applied Sciences/Management with minimum 6 years post qualification experience in water policy issues. (Roorkee)
5. Master's degree in Geology/Geophysics or M.Tech. in Geo-engineering with minimum 6 years post qualification experience in coastal aquifer characterization, ground water modelling especially on seawater intrusion modelling, hands on experience on visual MODFLOW/GMS/GIS and also expertise on climate change impacts in coastal zone. (Kakinada)
6. Master's degree in Civil/Agri. Engg. or Masters degree in Chemistry with minimum 6 years post qualification experience. (Guwahati)
7. Master's degree in Chemistry/Bio-Chemistry with minimum 6 years post qualification experience in WQ lab having exposure to analysis of heavy metals/ pesticides/ contaminants etc. in water samples. (Patna)
(Source: http://www.nih.ernet.in/ )