transient Visaual MODFLOW

  • hasan sirhan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2011
      Dear Sir,

      Wish you have a good day. How i can managing the transient data for importing
      the pumping wells, and stress period for the year 2000-2008 in the visual
      modflow?. When I imported the initial head file as ASCII, no visualization for
      the head at the model map !!!!.

      When I imported the initial head file as surfer grid, a massage ia appeared tell
      that only 65% of model domain is overlapped with the grid region-interpolation
      may have poor quality !!!!!!!!.

      for you advice pleas,

       Yours Sincerely

      MSc: Hasan Sirhan

      Research Assisstant / PhD Program
      Institute of Geotechnology and Geohydraulics
      Department of Geohydraulics and Engineering Hydrology
      University of Kassel
      Kurt-Wolters Str. 3
      34109 Kassel
      Germany
      Office: +49- 0561 804 2808
      Cell: +49 15 776 117 568
      Email: hsirhan_99@...
      Web: http://www.uni-kassel.de/fb14/geohydraulik/
    • Pete Sinton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2011
        Hi Hasan,

        There's an option in VMF for importing an ascii list of transient data.
        The format for the import file is in the manual.

        Your description of the import of initial heads makes me think that you
        have two coordinate systems, one for map data and one for the model.
        You have to set VMF up at the start of a model project so that it
        recognizes both coordinate systems and can properly import map data into
        the model system.

        *Pete Sinton*

        www.aquageo.us/

        /