Aquifer subsidence due to water table change

  • C. P. Kumar
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2010
      can you guide me
      Monday, April 5, 2010 1:52 PM
      From: "Mohammad Mohseni" <mohseni_alange@...>
      To: cpkumar@...

      Dear Mr Kumar

      I apologize to ask this questiona and I consume your time,I 'm begginer and I read manual of PMWIN and modflow (SUB_WT and SUB package and other modflow package)

      I want to estimate aquifer subsidence due to water table change,I have only piezometer head data(1m/year head lost) and log of each pizometer

      How can I model this behavior with modflow or PMWIN?

      I have data of subsidence in all point of pizometer ,How can I use Inverse modeling PEST or UCODE with headraulic head on pizometer in modflow?

      all the best
      Mohammad Mohseni Aref

      mohseni_alange(at)yahoo.com
    • Dr.K.J.Anandha kumar
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2010
        Dr.K.J.Anandha kumar,
        Associate Professor,
        National Institute of Disaster Management,
        (Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India)
        5 B, IIPA Campus, I.P. Estate,

        M.G,Road, New Delhi-110002.
        +91-11-65396386 (M) 09868165858

        Dear Mohammad Mohseni Aref,

        Sorry for the delay in reply. Basically i understand you want to carry out groundwater simulation of an area first and then find out how the aquifer can sustain if the water table declines at a certain rate every year. and you have data like water table data etc with reference to mean sea level. Is it not?

        If it is so then it is a simple modelling process nad you can start in a normal way by reading the manual or even you can utilize the demo version. As per my understanding PEST is used to interpolate a certain set of data when the data is not uniformly distributed or scarce. I will need some time to read about PEST. I am presently busy for a week.

        But i hope your problem can be tackled in a normal way. Even Dr.C.P.Kumar and his colleagues will be of much use to you to help in carrying out GW modelling for any area.

        With regards.

        Anand kumar

        To: gwmodel@yahoogroups.com
        From: cpkumar@...