arcgis raster problem

  • shaunglorie
    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2008
      Hey

      I know this doesn't have to do directly with modeling but I was
      wondering if anyone else was having a problem with arcgis 9.2 when
      creating rasters from a group of points. The problem is that the raster
      is created properly but it is not projected properly. It seems to just
      floating in space with no real coordinates behind it.

      I know that some other people have had this problem but I can't seem to
      find a solution for it. If any one else has had this problem and knows
      a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks Shaun
    • Swamy Pati
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2008
        Hi Shaun,

        If I understood your question correctly -
        While converting to raster you can define a projection system OR you can define the projection after it is converted.

        You can get more help on ESRI User Forums, which I found very helpful and got immediate response for all my GIS questions.

        Good Luck,
        Swamy.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2008
          hey

          Thanks for the help but the problem is not creating the raster or
          putting a projection behind it, it is viewing the raster in arcmap.
          it seems to loose its projection even though it has one. it is a bug
          that happens in 9.2 and there is a fix for it as there is another
          computer in the office that has been fixed but the lady who fixed it
          has now left and no one else remembers how she did it. I have
          searched the esri forums for helps and tried a few fixes they suggest
          but they don't seem to work. I was wondering if anyone else has come
          across this bug and if they knew how to fix it

          thanks shaun

          --- In gwmodel@yahoogroups.com, Swamy Pati <patiswamy@...> wrote:

          > Hi Shaun,
          >
          > If I understood your question correctly -
          > While converting to raster you can define a projection system OR
          you can define the projection after it is converted.

          > You can get more help on ESRI User Forums, which I found very
          helpful and got immediate response for all my GIS questions.

          > Good Luck,
          > Swamy.
          >
          > shaunglorie <shaunglorie@...> wrote:
          > Hey
          >
          > I know this doesn't have to do directly with modeling but I was
          > wondering if anyone else was having a problem with arcgis 9.2 when
          > creating rasters from a group of points. The problem is that the
          raster
          > is created properly but it is not projected properly. It seems to
          just
          > floating in space with no real coordinates behind it.
          >
          > I know that some other people have had this problem but I can't
          seem to
          > find a solution for it. If any one else has had this problem and
          knows
          > a solution it would be greatly appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks Shaun

        • sudhanshu mishra
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2008
            Hi,

            Once you have raster file created you can go to the Data Management Tool - Projection and Transformations - Define Projection (under raster) and then you can specify the raster file as input, select the projection you want and gives the outputfile name.....

            Let me know if you have some other question.

            Sudhanshu

            Sudhanshu Mishra, EI, CFM
            Engineer II, Water Resources
            Greenhorne & O'Mara