Announcement for: Applied Reactive Transport Modelling Course

  • nicolocolombani
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2008
      Dear colleagues,

      we are pleased to announce that a 5-day short-course on "Applied
      Reactive Transport Modelling" will be held at the University of
      Ferrara (Italy) from 9th to 13th June 2008.
      The course will be presented by international experts Prof. Chunmiao
      Zheng (University of Alabama), Dr. Henning Prommer (CSIRO Land and
      Water Australia) and Dr. Boris Van Breukelen (VU Amsterdam).
      Based on a large number of case studies the course is designed to
      introduce participants (e.g., researchers, consultants, regulators,
      postgraduate students) into a wide range of coupled (bio)
      geochemical transport problems in groundwater systems, including the
      incorporation of isotope fractionation processes. Approximately half
      of the time will be dedicated to lab-exercises with the numerical
      models MT3DMS(solute transport), PHREEQC (geochemisty) and PHT3D
      (biogeochemical transport).

      For more information visit

      http://www.consorzioferrararicerche.it/applied-reactive-transport-
      modelling