reliability of calibrated parameters in GWM

  • Courbet Oran
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 1:20 PM
      Dear All,

      I wish to get some suggestions on the available methods to estimate
      reliability of a calibrated GWM.

      Thanks.
    • Wilsnack, Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 5:44 AM
        Courbet:

        You may want to consider running your model in a predictive analysis
        mode using the PEST software. It can help to assess the accuracy and
        uncertainty of model-based predictions. Additionally, the use of any
        inverse parameter estimation technique to calibrate the model can give
        you insight into how much you really know about your input parameters,
        given the amount, distribution and quality of your history matching
        data. I would recommend this approach.

        Good Luck.
        Mark
        SFWMD

        ========================

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3 10:05 AM
          A good reference for evaluating groundwater models is from the United
          States Geological Survey:

          Hill, M.C., 1998, Methods and guidelines for effective model
          calibration: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations
          Report 98-4005, 90 p.

          It can be accessed on the Web at
          http://water.usgs.gov/software/code/ground_water/ucode/doc/calib.pdf

          Hope this helps.

          ------

          Walter T. Weinig, P.G.
          Senior Hydrogeologist

          Golder Associates Inc.

          Lakewood, Colorado USA
          wweinig@...

          ---------

          I wish to get some suggestions on the available methods to estimate
          reliability of a calibrated GWM.

          _._,___