PMWIN

  • syed hashmath
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi all,

      I have just started using PMWIN 5.3.0 and working on a project.

      I want to know how do I import and geo-reference the map? and how do I import top and bottom of layers? hydraulic properties? etc from files such as .txt or .grd

      input is highly appreciated.

      regards,
      hash

    • habib rehman
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
        Assalam-o-Alakium!
        Dear Syed Hashmath Sahib,
        For the top and bottom layers and for hydraulic properties you can import the data into your model changing the txt file into dat file. I mean change the extension only. and also keep in mind that the numbers of observation in your dat file must be equal the numbers of cells in your model used other wise model will not accept your data.If you have not the data of all cells then you can first do interpolation and save the file in dat format and then go to top layer, click values ------ Matrix----Browse-----Load , and then load the file and click ok. you can do for bottem layer and also for Hydraulic properties.
        I am also doing my M.Sc research on Modflow in U.E.T, Lahore (Pakistan). If you need further assistance then donot hesitate to contact me.

        Yours sincerely,
        Habib ur Rehman
        M.Sc (Water Resources Management)
        Center of Excellence in Water Resources Management,
        U.E.T, Lahore, Pakistan
        +92 300 9110122
        email: habib675@...
        habib675@...

        syed hashmath <hashmath01@...> wrote:
        Hi all,

        I have just started using PMWIN 5.3.0 and working on a project.

        I want to know how do I import and geo-reference the map? and how do I import top and bottom of layers? hydraulic properties? etc from files such as .txt or .grd

        input is highly appreciated.

        regards,
        hash

        * Post message: gwmodel@yahoogroups.com

        * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar - http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
        * Subscribe other related groups by sending blank
        email to the addresses given below -

        Visual MODFLOW Users Group:
        visual-modflow-subscribe@...

        GMS Users Group:
        gms-users-subscribe@...

        Groundwater Vistas Users Group:
        groundwater-vistas-subscribe@...

        FEFLOW Users Group:
        feflow-subscribe@...

        SEAWAT Users Group:
        seawat-subscribe@...

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Jinhui Zhang
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
          Check the mannual, you should able to find the process. Normally, we
          could import data whenever you are using the Matrix dialog box. The
          mannual describe the fiel format very clearly.

          Geo-reference a raste map, sometimes is quite confusing, since the map
          have to be larger than the model area after reference the map, otherwise
          PMWIN will give you error. But you always could use some graphic program
          to increase the size of your map.

          If you check the help file, you should find all the answer.

          Let me know if this helps.

          Jinhui Zhang

          >>> hashmath01@... 02/12/2004 09:27:30 >>>

[...]

          believed to be clean.
        • civil_cd
          Message 4 of 12 , May 19 6:54 PM
            Dear Friends,

            I have a problem with Proceeding MODFLOW 5.1. It gives me a runtime
            error '75' path/file access error. Would you please help me to fix
            this error?

            Thanks,
            Mohammad
          • whchiang2005
            Message 5 of 12 , May 20 10:49 AM
              Hi Mohammad,
              The model files are probably "read only". If the files are on a
              CD-ROM, please copy them to your hard drive, and remove the "read
              only" setting.

              Also, you may wish to upgrade to PMWIN 5.3. It is a freeware now. You
              can download it from: http://www.pmwin.net/pmwin5.htm

              Regards

              WH Chiang

              --- In gwmodel@yahoogroups.com, "civil_cd" <civil_cd@y...> wrote:
              > Dear Friends,
              >
              > I have a problem with Proceeding MODFLOW 5.1. It gives me a runtime
              > error '75' path/file access error. Would you please help me to fix
              > this error?
              >

              > Thanks,
              > Mohammad
            • civil_cd
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 10, 2005
                Dear Sir/Madam

                I would like to control "Processing Modflow v.5.1.7"
                from another program. For example, I need open a
                project and run it externally. Is it possible? (Is
                there any command line option for it? any switch?).

                Thanks, in advance.
                Sincerely yours,
                M. Mortazavi
              • hadi eatemadi
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 11, 2005
                  Dear Group Members
                  I am using MODFLOW software for analyses my project,
                  but recently I find PMWIN software.
                  What's different between PMWIN and MODFLOW softwares?
                  Can I use PMWIN instead of MODFLOW?
                  Can I have PMWIN Demo Version?
                  Best wishes and regards.
                  Hadi Eatemadi
                  11/07/2005

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • HARIS BHATTI
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
                    Dear Hadi Eatemadi

                    PMWIN is the Pre-Processor for MODFLOW. It creates files for the MODFLOW. As it has the Windows environment so it is user friendly.

                    Haris Bhatti

                    hadi eatemadi <hadi1983iut@...> wrote:
                    Dear Group Members
                    I am using MODFLOW software for analyses my project,
                    but recently I find PMWIN software.
                    What's different between PMWIN and MODFLOW softwares?
                    Can I use PMWIN instead of MODFLOW?
                    Can I have PMWIN Demo Version?
                    Best wishes and regards.
                    Hadi Eatemadi
                    11/07/2005

                    * Post message: gwmodel@yahoogroups.com

                    * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar - http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
                    * Subscribe other related groups by sending blank
                    email to the addresses given below -

                    Groundwater Research and Management
                    gwrm-subscribe@...

                    Visual MODFLOW Users Group:
                    visual-modflow-subscribe@...

                    GMS Users Group:
                    gms-users-subscribe@...

                    Groundwater Vistas Users Group:
                    groundwater-vistas-subscribe@...

                    FEFLOW Users Group:
                    feflow-subscribe@...

                    SEAWAT Users Group:
                    seawat-subscribe@...

                  • kaied alizzi
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
                      Hello Hadi
                      Yes you can use PMWIN instead of MODFLOW, and the site is www.pmwin.net
                      and you find the manual and you can download the programme.
                      please tell me the problem and from which country you are
                      thank you

[...]

                    • Bron Smolski
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 12, 2005
                        PMWIN is a pre and post processor (or Graphical User Interface - GUI)
                        for MODFLOW. I believe you can find a free PMWIN (v5) version on
                        internet.
                        Bron

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 21, 2005
                          Hi,

                          Yes of course u can use PMWIN instead of Modflow. Actually PMWIN is GUI and gives u better and friendly options. the latest version i.e. PMWIN 5.3 is available on internet free of cost. u can download it. and u can also download its manual.

                          Habib Khan

                          Assistant Director

                          PCRWR