Managing data in GWV

  • Guillaume Tavernier
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hello,

      Just a quick question:

      Is there a way to remove data from the gwv file.

      My project is too big: Gwv of 400MB, and every little thing takes ages
      because of the size of the files I imported. Is it possible to remove
      the recharge from the file. I tried to simplify it, generate a new
      simple file and then reimporting it, but it does not seem to work very
      well as it is still big.

      Thanks

      Guillaume Tavernier
      Hydrogeologist

      Komex Europe
      1st Floor Shand House
      14-20 Shand Street
      London, SE1 2ES

      tel - 0207-407-1904
      Fax - 0207-407-3825
      Mobile - 0795-275-3946.

      IMPORTANT NOTICE:
      This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
      intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution,
      or
      reliance on any of it by anyone not the intended recipient is
      prohibited and
      may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and
      email
      confirmation to the
      sender.
    • James Rumbaugh
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2004
        Assuming that this is GV Version 3 or GV Version 4 and you are using zones,
        then the way to clear out the recharge so that it takes up less space is to
        do the following:

        (1) Select Props/Recharge and then Props/Set Zones/Clear. Clear to zone 1.
        (2) If this is a transient model, do step 1 for each stress period.
        (3) Select Props/Property Values/Database. Enter a small number of zones
        (whatever you need) and click the Update button.

        Now, when you save the file, it will be much smaller. If you are using GV4
        with matrices for recharge, then send me an email to
        support@... and let me know what version and build number
        you are working with.

        Jim

        At 08:43 AM 10/1/2004, you wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >Just a quick question:
        >
        >Is there a way to remove data from the gwv file.
        >
        >My project is too big: Gwv of 400MB, and every little thing takes ages
        >because of the size of the files I imported. Is it possible to remove
        >the recharge from the file. I tried to simplify it, generate a new
        >simple file and then reimporting it, but it does not seem to work very
        >well as it is still big.
        >
        >Thanks
        >

        >Guillaume Tavernier
        >Hydrogeologist
        >
        >Komex Europe
        >1st Floor Shand House
        >14-20 Shand Street
        >London, SE1 2ES
        >
        >tel - 0207-407-1904
        >Fax - 0207-407-3825
        >Mobile - 0795-275-3946.
        >

        >IMPORTANT NOTICE:
        >This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the
        >intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution,
        >or
        >reliance on any of it by anyone not the intended recipient is
        >prohibited and
        >may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error and
        >email
        >confirmation to the
        >sender.

        >* Post message: gwmodel@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >* This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar - http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
        >* Subscribe other related groups by sending blank
        >email to the addresses given below -
        >
        >Hydrology Forum:
        >hydforum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        >Hydrological Modelling:
        >hydrologymodel-subscribe@...
        >
        >Roorkee Hydrology Group:
        >rhydrology-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        Jim Rumbaugh Software,
        Environmental Simulations, Inc. Information, &
        P.O. Box 156, 300 Mountain Top Rd. Services for Groundwater
        Reinholds, PA 17569 Modeling
        (610) 670-3400
        (610) 670-9239 fax
        jrumbaugh@...
        <http://www.groundwatermodels.com>http://www.groundwatermodels.com

        Software Upgrades Available:
        Groundwater Vistas 4: ftp://ftp.modflow2000.com/pub/gv4_brochure.pdf
        AquiferWin32 and Winflow Version
        3: ftp://ftp.modflow2000.com/pub/aquifer3_brochure.pdf