Groundwater Flow to the Well with Recharge

  • Vlad Rojanschi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hello everybody
      I am looking for the analytical solution of transient groundwater flow
      to a well when a significant groundwater recharge is present. All the
      books I have looked it in start from the general differential equation
      where recharge is present, but then they drop it sometimes on the way
      and they simply end up with the theis solution
      drawdown=(Q/4Pi*T)*W(u)
      I would like to know if there is any analytical solution for the
      drawdown where the effect of recharge is included. I have tried to solve
      it myself, but I could not come to any usable results.
      Thank you and best regards
      Vlad Rojanschi
      Vlad Rojanschi
      research assistant
      Universit├Ąt Stuttgart
      WAREM - Water Resources Engineering and Management
      IWS - Institute for Hydraulic Engineering
      Pfaffenwaldring 7a
      D - 70569 Stuttgart

      phone: 0049 - 711 - 685 6598
      fax: 0049 - 711 - 685 6600
      e-mail: mailto:Vlad.Rojanschi@...-stuttgart.de
      Warem website: http://www.MSc.WAREM.uni-stuttgart.de
      IWS website: http://www.iws.uni-stuttgart.de
    • Edson Wendland
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        ]Dear Vlad,

        try the book by Bruggeman. If there is any analitical
        solution, this book probably can provide it.

        Best regards

        ew

        Vlad Rojanschi wrote:

        >Hello everybody
        >I am looking for the analytical solution of transient groundwater flow
        >to a well when a significant groundwater recharge is present. All the
        >books I have looked it in start from the general differential equation
        >where recharge is present, but then they drop it sometimes on the way
        >and they simply end up with the theis solution
        >drawdown=(Q/4Pi*T)*W(u)
        >I would like to know if there is any analytical solution for the
        >drawdown where the effect of recharge is included. I have tried to solve
        >it myself, but I could not come to any usable results.
        >Thank you and best regards
        >Vlad Rojanschi

        Prof. Edson Wendland, Dr.-Ing.
        SHS - EESC - USP