Windsor Forest

  • yyz_dragon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      Hi,
      I'm doing some research into Windsor Forest, West Coast Demerara,
      Guyana.

      Despite the village's age there is little of information on it.
      [Apart from Raymond T. Smith's work ]

      I thought perhaps if i know the Plantation's history, its owners,
      managers, overseers. Then i'll be able to track labourers who went
      there base on plantation requests.

      So far i've gathered sporatic information. I'm really interested in
      the last Plantation owners before the Government took over the land
      and sold it to the villagers on the 99 year lease. It seems they were
      in arrears on taxes, neglect etc. If i knew who THEY were i can look
      at their books and track indentured labourers working on the farms.

      thanks.