Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Looking for Antony Kowlessar

  • Rudolph Jaeranny
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
      Thanks Jon.

      Bye the way , we havin a bigtime celebration , www.pmtcalumni.com. Check it out. If you here be sure to call me and I will 'take care of business'.
      Guests welcome.

      regards and much respect

      rudy J.

      "Jon - Budmart.co.uk" <budmartuk@...> wrote:
      Hello Rudy

      She could have been a Relative but Kowlessar is a common Name in Guyana and can also be spelt a few other ways by people who are also related as well as by those who aren't.

      As Kowlessar was a Indian Forename there were a few Kowlessars who came to Guyana but who weren't related and who passed the Name on as a Surname to their Children and Grandchildren and so on.

      Antony may also be his official firstname or he may have a Indian name instead and use Antony as his call name.

      I may be able to find him listed in the U.K. but may not be able to if he is listed under another firstname unless any one knows it.

      He may also have changed the spelling as well, there are so many things to consider, if i am lucky i might find something !

      Rudolph Jaeranny <jrjtechcorp@ rogers.com> wrote:
      Was a Miss Kowlessar any relation, she was a teacher at Cotton Tree Government School and stayed with Principal William Chan (deceased) or teacher Ramdass?

      regards

      rudy J

      kennscheibel <kennscheibel@ yahoo.dk> wrote:
      Hello,

      I am trying to locate eventually find ancestors to a man of the name
      Antony Kowlessar originally from Guyana but moved to europe in the
      1960s. I know he lived in England ad Germany.

      Im also interested in genealogy of the Kowlessar family.

      Im very greatfull for whatever help and assistance you could give me.

      Kenn Scheibel

      Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    • kenn scheibel
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6, 2007
        Hello Jon
        It sounds promising.
        I have so few informations. To set things a little
        straight. Antony Kowlessar is my father, but I have
        never seen him. I look like a mixture of afroamerican,
        Indian and my mothers european features. So I wouldnt
        be surpriced if there is a indian lineage .What other
        names did Kowlessar relatives choose?
        I do not know for how long Antony lived in U.K. og
        if he still lives there. It sounds like you have some
        interesting ideas about how to seek him. Do you have
        any other suggestions what I could do to know more
        about Kowlessars genealogy ?
        Kenn
        --- "Jon - Budmart.co.uk" <budmartuk@...> skrev:

        > Hello Rudy
        >
        > She could have been a Relative but Kowlessar is a
        > common Name in Guyana and can also be spelt a few
        > other ways by people who are also related as well as
        > by those who aren't.
        >
        > As Kowlessar was a Indian Forename there were a
        > few Kowlessars who came to Guyana but who weren't
        > related and who passed the Name on as a Surname to
        > their Children and Grandchildren and so on.
        >
        > Antony may also be his official firstname or he
        > may have a Indian name instead and use Antony as his
        > call name.
        >
        > I may be able to find him listed in the U.K. but
        > may not be able to if he is listed under another
        > firstname unless any one knows it.
        >
        > He may also have changed the spelling as well,
        > there are so many things to consider, if i am lucky
        > i might find something !
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Jon
        >
        > Rudolph Jaeranny <jrjtechcorp@...> wrote:
        > Was a Miss Kowlessar any relation, she
        > was a teacher at Cotton Tree Government School and
        > stayed with Principal William Chan (deceased) or
        > teacher Ramdass?
        >
        > regards
        >
        > rudy J
        >

        > kennscheibel <kennscheibel@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I am trying to locate eventually find ancestors to a
        > man of the name
        > Antony Kowlessar originally from Guyana but moved to
        > europe in the
        > 1960s. I know he lived in England ad Germany.
        >
        > Im also interested in genealogy of the Kowlessar
        > family.
        >
        > Im very greatfull for whatever help and assistance
        > you could give me.
        >
        > Kenn Scheibel
        >

        > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Expecting? Get great news right away with email
        > Auto-Check.
        > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
        notesblok. http://dk.mail.yahoo.com
      • kenn scheibel
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6, 2007
          Hello Jon

          Thanks a lot
          It feels like a blessing that there is people like you
          out there.
          Regards

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 16, 2007
            Hello Kenn

            Sorry for the delay in getting back.

            I have been snowed under with requests and have just got round to dealing with yours.

            Do you have approxiamate dates of birth etc. as i may have something but i may not.

            I have found references of a A Kowlessar in London during the 1970's and 1980's but unfortunately there is another A Kowlessar who lived in the same area and i am not sure whether they are his, does the address Linom Road, Brixton, London SW4 ring any bells ?

            The other A Kowlessar was called Arnold and passed away in 1991.

            I have found references to a Antony Kowlessar living in Florida, New York and Toronto, do any of those places some plausible ?

            Do you know if he had any Middle names as some of my finds have a middle Initial.

            Any reference to a A Kowlessar in London finishes in 1984 so it is possible that he moved to the U.S. or Canada, i haven't been able to find any trace in the U.K. after that period.

            Kowlessar is a Indian name and can be spelt various ways, i have checked using various forms of the name.

            I have also checked the Guyanese Voters lists for Demerara but can not find any trace of him so he probably never returned.

            Just one other thing, did he also have a Indian forename as he may be listed under that rather than under Antony.

            Please let me know any of the above details you may have or anything else that may be of help and i will have another look.

            --- "Jon - Budmart.co.uk" <budmartuk@yahoo. com> skrev:

            > Hello Rudy
            >
            > She could have been a Relative but Kowlessar is a
            > common Name in Guyana and can also be spelt a few
            > other ways by people who are also related as well as
            > by those who aren't.
            >
            > As Kowlessar was a Indian Forename there were a
            > few Kowlessars who came to Guyana but who weren't
            > related and who passed the Name on as a Surname to
            > their Children and Grandchildren and so on.
            >
            > Antony may also be his official firstname or he
            > may have a Indian name instead and use Antony as his
            > call name.
            >
            > I may be able to find him listed in the U.K. but
            > may not be able to if he is listed under another
            > firstname unless any one knows it.
            >
            > He may also have changed the spelling as well,
            > there are so many things to consider, if i am lucky
            > i might find something !
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Jon
            >
            > Rudolph Jaeranny <jrjtechcorp@ rogers.com> wrote:
            > Was a Miss Kowlessar any relation, she
            > was a teacher at Cotton Tree Government School and
            > stayed with Principal William Chan (deceased) or
            > teacher Ramdass?
            >
            > regards
            >
            > rudy J
            >

            > kennscheibel <kennscheibel@ yahoo.dk> wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > I am trying to locate eventually find ancestors to a
            > man of the name
            > Antony Kowlessar originally from Guyana but moved to
            > europe in the
            > 1960s. I know he lived in England ad Germany.
            >
            > Im also interested in genealogy of the Kowlessar
            > family.
            >
            > Im very greatfull for whatever help and assistance
            > you could give me.
            >
            > Kenn Scheibel
            >

            > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !
            >

            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > Expecting? Get great news right away with email
            > Auto-Check.
            > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

            Alt i én. Få Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og
            notesblok. http://dk.mail. yahoo.com

            Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

          • kenn scheibel
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 23, 2007
              Dear Jon.
              Thanks for all the answers you´ve been able to come up
              with. It made me wonder a lot. Sorry for my delay in
              getting back to you. You asked me some questions wich
              was´t easy to get. I was at the Danish Royal archive
              where there is restricted entrance. So it took some
              time to get a permit. I have been there before but the
              new visit was with a new focuse.

              Antony Kowlessar did not use a middle name, initials
              og used another forename in the documents.
              The last known adress in London was Schuberts Road 35.
              London SW 15.
              Antony Kowlessar was 26 years in januar 1967. So he
              was born around 1941
              I´ve been in contact with The persons in Toronto and
              in Florida without any luck. But I do not know the
              person in New York.

              We are heading to Guyana in the start of
              september.Beeing there in about 6 weeks. Exploaring
              the country, and trying to locate relatives. Even
              without meeting relative it well be a great journey.
              Afterwards we are going to Brasil.

              Could you advise me how to search when we arrive at
              Guyana. Do you use telephon books, national
              archive,newspapers ??

              Regards
              Bless You

              Kenn Scheibel

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 18, 2007
                Hello Ken

                Sorry for my delay in getting back as i have been plagued by disaster this year, first my computer crashing and then becoming ill which i am still trying to get over.

                There is a Schubert Road in East Putney in south west London which would be the address you mentioned.

                I haven't been able to find any more about that address but have some other possible addresses.

                The address i mentioned previously - 2 Linom Road, Brixton, London SW4 had a A Kowlessar living there in 1970 and who was still living there in 1984.

                I have found a T Kowlessar (Tony is a common shortened version of Anthony) who was living in Queens Road, Peckham, London SE15 last year.

                I have found reference to a Nicholas Kowlessar who lived in the Borough of Wandsworth (East Putney is in this Borough) who may have been a Relative, he died in 1993.

                I am sorry that i did not get back sooner before your trip but hope it is still not too late to provide you with the above which may be of help.

                Did you visit the National Archives or GRO ?

                It is possible that when he arrived in London he lived in shared/rented accomodation which was common for West Indian Immigrants, these were only temporary residences and they would have stayed there until they found something more permanent.

                It is possible that he moved from East Putney to Brixton which is a large West Indian District and maybe onto Peckham which is also a large West Indian area.

                I have checked the British Death Registers and can't find any mention of him so i assume he is still living but unless he is one of the above entries i can't find any mention of him in England so he may have Immigrated again to somewhere else possibly Canada/U.S.A.

                Once again sorry i did not get back sooner, i hope you had a nice time in Guyana and was able to find some of your Family details.