Looking for Merlene Barker

  • Natalie Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hello,

      I am trying to locate a lady by the name of Merlene/Marlene Barker who
      was
      originally from Soesdyke/Linden, Guyana. She may have lived in
      Georgetown in the late 1970s and was married to a man who worked in
      business or government. I believe Barker was her married name and I am
      unsure of her maiden name. Any assistance would be most appreciated.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2007
        Hello Natalie

        I will have a look and see if i can find anything and get back to you sometime next week.

        Speak to you soon.

        Natalie Smith <nataliesmith@...> wrote:
        Hello,

        I am trying to locate a lady by the name of Merlene/Marlene Barker who
        was
        originally from Soesdyke/Linden, Guyana. She may have lived in
        Georgetown in the late 1970s and was married to a man who worked in
        business or government. I believe Barker was her married name and I am
        unsure of her maiden name. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2007
          Hello Natalie

          Sorry for the delay in getting back, i intended to get earlier but have been inundated with requests and have been tied up with other Projects as well.

          I couldn't find her in some of the places i looked at so checked the Voter's lists which covers both Soesdyke and Georgetown and unfortunately wasn't able to find any mention of her.

          I looked under both Marlene and Merlene Barker, it could be that was her Maiden name or she has re-married or may even have Immigrated to North America.

          There is a General Records Office in Georgetown where BMD records are kept but they usually will only let Family members look up any records if the person is still alive.

          Unfortunately there are no searchable Indexes that are available to the Public as these would be very helpful.

          Here is a useful Website on Adoption in Guyana :

          It includes a list of Orphanages in Guyana, it is possible that they hold any Adoption records that exist.

          Thank you for your kind comments, i am sorry that i wasn't able to get back earlier as i would like to have but i always reply back.

          Natalie Smith <nataliesmith@...> wrote:
          Dear Jon,

          How are you? I am just wondering if you were ever able to find out any information or records in regards to Merlene Barker? I believe Barker was her married name and not her maiden name and I am looking for information from the late 1970s. Are there any resources for researching vital statistics (births, marriages, etc.).

          On an unrelated note, have you heard of any Guyanese resources for researching adoption records in Guyana?

          Thank you so much for your assistance. I realize that you do this work voluntarily and appreciate the work you do on behalf of others.

          Best Regards,

          Natalie

          I will have a look and see if i can find anything and get back to you sometime next week.

          Speak to you soon.

          Natalie Smith <nataliesmith@...> wrote:
          Hello,

          I am trying to locate a lady by the name of Merlene/Marlene Barker who
          was
          originally from Soesdyke/Linden, Guyana. She may have lived in
          Georgetown in the late 1970s and was married to a man who worked in
          business or government. I believe Barker was her married name and I am
          unsure of her maiden name. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

          Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        • Natalie Smith
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2007
            Hello again Jon,

            Sorry to bother you with this but could you please try one other search for me under the names Merlene or Marlene Morales/Morialis/Moriales (couple of variations on spelling of possible surname) from Soesdyke, Guyana.  This information was passed on to me but can not be confirmed. I know your busy so whenever you have the opportunity would be wonderful.

            Thank you!