PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN BRITISH GUIANA FOR THE YEAR 1873

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2007
      PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN BRITISH GUIANA FOR THE YEAR 1873

      There were sixty-one (61) Church of England, thirty (30) Church of Scotland, six (6) Roman Catholic, twenty-five (25) Wesleyan, twenty-eight (28) London Missionary and Congregational, six (6) infant, seven (7) Indian Mission, three (3) Estate and one (1) Industrial Reformatory schools in the colony of British Guiana in the year 1873.
      I am asking you to identify and enlighten me concerning the legal names of  the School Teachers, and which community they were born. I am sure the vast majority of them were of Buxton-Friendship District. Perhaps, you will also identify the institutions in which they were trained.

      Please note prior to 1873, the majority of Schoolteachers were instructed at the Mico Institutions in British Guiana and Antigua and the Bishop’s College, Charlestown, Demerara.   This is a period in which the Africans in British Guiana clearly knew who their enemies are and were. They took measures to address their needs. The East Coast Villages including Buxton and Friendship were clearly in the leadership in the most positive direction in that period.  A Look at the East Coast today and one wonders what became of the spirit of the people? Where are the intellectuals today? Why are the Villages mired in such a quagmire, today?
      I am particularly interested in locating and communicating with the descendants and or relatives of Henry E. Smith, C. H. A. Denbow, and Samuel Augustus Campbell, and folks who are aware of the teachers trained at Bishops College.

      M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
      Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross & Martin - Families of Guyana and the History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.
      “The Black begun his career in America not as Slave but as Master”.
      Rafique Ali Jairazbhdy – 1974 Ancient Egyptians and Chinese in America (His Old World origins of American civilisation; v. 1)

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.