List of Ships and Years (1865-1916) for which the Guyanese Archives have Emigrations Passes

  • Richard B. Cheddie
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2004
      Message
      We have it!

      We have the list of ships and years for which the Guyanese Archives have emigrations passes. I will be reconciling and  incorporating the list on my website at www.geocities.com/yuddh1.   The Archives only have the info for the ship years 1865 to 1916.  The previous years may be buried in some vault elsewhere.

      If you are looking for the Emigration Pass for your ancestor, it is very important that you find out which ship and which year they were taken to Guyana. So question your  grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts and uncles, far flung cousins, etc. If you have the General registry number that should be enough, too. With that info the Archives can provide the Emigration pass which will contain a great deal of information about where your ancestor came from in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, or Nepal (imagine that).

      The list that was obtained and forwarded to me contains 361 voyages!    This is not the complete listing, but we are very close to it.

      Richard Cheddie